Where can I find a cool A/B box Schematic?

Started by Hiwatt25, April 06, 2006, 02:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiwatt25

I'm still fairly new here so please forgive me if I'm asking a silly question but I did do a bit of searching (without much luck) before I decided to post. 

What I'd like to build is a pedal that will allow me to switch between two amps (one dirty, one clean) while playing a single guitar.  I'd like to have two LED's on it because they're neat looking.  I should be able to tell what amp I'm playing by hearing it LOL  :icon_wink:

Also, I've read a little about silent switching by means of a resistor.  Is that something that can be added to such a pedal?

So, does anyone know of such a schematic and where I could buy the parts for such a thing?

Thanks in advance.   

Hiwatt25

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that link did not open for me.  Any other suggestions?

LyleCaldwell

That's the circuit you want.  Install Adobe Acrobat Reader and try it again.
What does this button do?

psionicaudio.com

delbowski

hey...

make sure that you have a program like adobe acrobat reader that can open a pdf.  also make sure your browser is set to open pdf files with it.  i ran in to trouble getting firefox to open pdfs with adobe, but i just had to change the settings.  i say this because the link is to a simple a/b box and if you're just starting out it should be an easy build. hope this helps!

del

Hiwatt25

Duh!  Thanks guys.  I just formatted my hard drive this weekend and forgot that I hadn't reinstalled Adobe.  Oops. 

brett

Hi.
With that box, you might want to keep the signal lines away from the power to the LEDs.  Otherwise, you might get a "click" as the LEDs turn on and off.
cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

343 Salty Beans

Out of curiosity, what advantages do buffered AB boxes have over this one?

LyleCaldwell

Depends on the quality of the buffer.  But you could put a buffer in front of this A/B design and it would sound the same.

The real advantage is with a buffered circuit with isolated outputs, so you could make an ABY pedal with no impedance loading or ground loops.

But for straight AB the Fulltone is a good circuit.
What does this button do?

psionicaudio.com