variable stuttering pedal

Started by benfox, April 06, 2006, 09:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gez

Gauss, I hope this isn't taken the wrong way by RG, but is it wise to persue this any further until a fix has been found...or at least until a few others have tried breadboarding the second version to see if they have better luck than I did?  I'd advise you to breadboard it first.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

puretube

read subject...

especially in LFO circuits, I often fail to see fat caps (>47µF) across the rails;
(and/or the battery)
and small ones (100n) right at the Schmitt-trigger opamp`s supply-pins.

MartyMart

Quote from: puretube on May 04, 2006, 03:16:57 AM
read subject...

especially in LFO circuits, I often fail to see fat caps (>47µF) across the rails;
(and/or the battery)

Good advice, I stick reverse 1N4001 and 100uf cap/100n cap across the power on every build.
So far no "PSU" noise / hum or ticking to speak of.

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

gaussmarkov

Quote from: gez on May 04, 2006, 02:54:31 AM
Gauss, I hope this isn't taken the wrong way by RG, but is it wise to persue this any further until a fix has been found...or at least until a few others have tried breadboarding the second version to see if they have better luck than I did?  I'd advise you to breadboard it first.

my mistake.  thanks, gez. :icon_cool:

Quote from: MartyMart on May 04, 2006, 04:17:49 AM
Quote from: puretube on May 04, 2006, 03:16:57 AM
read subject...

(and/or the battery)

Good advice, I stick reverse 1N4001 and 100uf cap/100n cap across the power on every build.
So far no "PSU" noise / hum or ticking to speak of.

MM.

again, my mistake.  R.G. has the power supply filter and reverse polarity protection in his version 1.  and, to make it worse, you have both explained this to me before.  maybe this time the lesson will really sink in.   :icon_confused:

thanks all.  (obviously) i'd really like to get this thing working.  gm :icon_biggrin: