Need Something quirky

Started by Austin73, April 07, 2006, 06:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin73

Looking for a easy but quirky project to do next. I've done countless Bazz Fuss, Buzz Box, Lo Fo, Mess 5th gear etc but fancy something a bit less distortion and a bit more well MAD ! LOL I have plenty of 2n3904 , MPSA13 TL072 etc . But no PCB making facilities as yet.

Would love to hear from you all

Cheers

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

MetalUpYerEye

Build Tychobrahe Octavia, its what i'm looking at for my next project. Its a really kind of wild gainy mess of distortiony fuzz. I suppose you could even call it MAD.

pyrop

How about a tremolo on veroboard?
Up the top of this page look for the layouts gallery link.
Goto the 2nd page to find Dragonfly fx. Goto sub album black hole.
There's a couple there.
Or just wade through all the stuff in the gallery 'til you find something you like.

pyrop ;D

Austin73

Cheers chaps, wasn't really looking for octavia yet as i don't have the transformer and aslo I have plenty of tremelo pedals already. Sorry.

There must be something really weird out there. Maybe anyone made the Thing my T
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Austin73

not suer what happened there but was saying anybody made 'THE THING' by Tim escobedo. Maybe that could be cool or something similar

pyrop

Try the Roger Mayer Octavia. No transformer, uses 3 x MPSA13's & a 2N3906.
No don't know of "The Thing"

pyrop ;D

moosapotamus

I think you mean the "Thing Modulator"... You'll find a bunch if you a search (with the quotes).

In a similar vein, check out jc's nyquist aliaser.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Austin73

Pyrop do you have a layout for the octavia or know where I can get one just had a quick search and didn't find much got sent to fuzz central but then the trail went cold

Cheers

Aus

Austin73

Hey Moose been checking the aliaser out and might even get to make one soon. But just wondered what was happening with your site as I can't get much from it these days which is such a shame!

Aus

pyrop

Quote from: Austin73 on April 07, 2006, 11:58:39 AM
Pyrop do you have a layout for the octavia or know where I can get one just had a quick search and didn't find much got sent to fuzz central but then the trail went cold

Cheers

Aus
Yes I do but its only for pcb sorry but can email anyway, just say so.

pyrop ;D

Ge_Whiz

Plenty of wierdness at Tim Escobedo's site.

moosapotamus

Quote from: Ge_Whiz on April 07, 2006, 07:20:32 PMPlenty of wierdness at Tim Escobedo's site.

:icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool:

Quote from: Austin73 on April 07, 2006, 11:58:39 AM...do you have a layout for the octavia or know where I can get one...

General Guitar Gadgets

Quote from: Austin73 on April 07, 2006, 11:59:51 AM
Hey Moose been checking the aliaser out and might even get to make one soon. But just wondered what was happening with your site as I can't get much from it these days which is such a shame!

Thanks! A couple things here FTTB...
temporary moosapotamus

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."