News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Rebote 2.5 prob.

Started by JimRayden, April 21, 2006, 05:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimRayden

The voltages on the pins look just about right and it gives out straight signal. So the opamp is okay but 2399 isn't.

PT2399

1  5
2  2.5
3  0
4  0
5  2.88
6  2.51
7  0.56
8  0.58
9-16  2.52

Seems to be ok, though it wouldnt' hurt if anyone else would recheck them.

Any other tests to do before digging out the scope? I can't think of any. I've checked several times for solder bridges and cold joints but it seems ok. Any other points in circuit for voltage measuring?

------------
Jimbo

bancika

Did you try audio probe on delay chip?
check out this thread, maybe it helps http://www.elixant.com/~stompbox/smfforum/index.php?topic=43054.0
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

JimRayden

Yeah, I've read all of 'em already. I'll propably scope it tomorrow, but I want to know if there are any other tests to make before I wipe the dust off my scope. I'm lazy when it comes to scoping. ;)

-----------
Jimbo

bancika

I didn't mean scope, just simple audio probe, like this (on the bottom of the page)
http://storm-software.co.yu/diy/index.php?project=stuff

JimRayden

The dang thing works. I just removed everything from the enclosure for probing and it fired right up. Stuck it back into box and it kept on echoing. Perhaps I overheated one of the cheapo plastic pots...

-----------
Jimbo

bancika

maybe your PCB has contact with enclosure or other metal parts, check that out. If you haven't done it already put some plastic foil under board

JimRayden

The PCB is soldered to the pots hanging about an inch above any enclosure surface in a quite large sheet metal enclosure that is powder coated inside and out. Not much to have contact with. Currently it's working fine but I'm afraid it could go offline during a gig, which would not be a good thing at all. Oh well, got to keep my fingers crossed. and a screwdriver handy at gigs.

----------
Jimbo