First project, Fuzzzface, hallelujah, In the beginning there was FUZZ, pics...

Started by reverberation66, April 23, 2006, 10:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reverberation66

Just built my first stompbox, used Richard Boop's fuzzface layout from this very site.  I'm a total newb at this stuff but it WORKED on the first try and sounds really cool.  The layout is a little schizo because I used one of these general purpose radio shack boards, does anyone know where to get stripboards in the US???? I bought some off of ebay from this dude in England but I couldn't find any online anywhere...The DPDT switch is toggle switch, radio shack didn't have the pushbutton kind and I figured this would work for now, could've just omitted it in retrospect.  Only big mistake I made was soldering in one of the transistors the wrong way, got my B and C mixed up and painstakingly desoldered the damn thing with one of those rubber bulbs, trying not to blob solder all over the place.    Anyway, this is a great site, I couldn't quite figure out how to make one of these until I discovered this site...Thanks Aron and Richard Boop for a clear, easy to understand layout.  How do you post images on here???