Ross Chorus Problem

Started by rocker-D82, April 25, 2006, 11:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocker-D82

I have a Ross Chorus who kill a battery in only a day. I think the problem can be a wrong switch/jack wiring or a diode protection dead. Anyone have a schematic of this pedal?

Mark Hammer

Is it possible that the battery connector is wired up to the wrong solder lug on the jack?  I have accidentally soldered the black lead to the ring-lug instead of the shaft-lug on the input jack too many times to count.  If someone has made the same mistake (and battery leads break off at the solder joint too often), then the pedal will remain "on" even after you pull the plug out of the jack.  That will probably use up the battery within a day.

rocker-D82

The pedal was already repaired. The previous owner wired directly battery snap on PCB!  :icon_eek:
I don't know exactly pins on the input jack to make a power switching off when jack is unplugged. Can You explain me?  :icon_question:

Mark Hammer

Go to the FAQ link shown above on the left, and search for "How do I make the input jack switch the power on and off?"  That will show you with pictures.

rocker-D82

Yes, I know this. But I have a closed switch...  :'(

Mark Hammer

Well then you need to change jacks, I guess.  Any stereo jack that fits the space will do.

From the sounds of it, the previous owner mistake a 3-lug jack for ANY 3-lug jack and instaleld a closed circuit unit by accident.  No wonder the battery connector eventually got hardwired to the circuitboard, since it obviously wouldn't work in conjunction with a closed-circuit jack.