fuzz face enclosure/ box

Started by numpty, April 27, 2006, 07:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

numpty

Is there a supplier for the round fuzz face style diecast enclosure?

petemoore

Functionally "No' AFAIK
  Yes, but they are cheaper used on ebay, AFAIK, Dunlop sells new FF's in the round cast enclosure.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

John Lyons

It's not diecast but it is round....
WARNING: This is a lot of work since it's too tall and the walls are too thick...I cut the depth down with a table saw and then counter sunk the holes from the inside out with a forstner bit. The jack holes are recessed from the outside the same way.
If you have the tools and can do it, it looks nice in the end I think. Takes a lot of sanding as well...up to 1500 grit!
They are pipe caps made out of ABS plastic, Super strong.

I got these at Lowes but Home depot most likely has them as well.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

markm

Umm,
what exactly ARE those round things ???

Quackzed

pvc end caps... home depot bro...
love those round pedals.
Simply Unique!!! well... at least moreso than your run of the mill hammond box pedals...
very creative solution...
i can just see you searching the shelves for ANYTHING to put a pcb into... sounds like me ;D ;D ;D
cheap too!
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

John Lyons

If you are asking what the FX inside are, one is a Octave Up Sick Box by Gus Smalley and a Bobtavia octave up fuzz.
If you are asking what they are as far as what they are supposed to be used for, then just read my text above the pic.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

smnm

I recently made a footswitch out of one of these things

It's a ceiling rose, that a light would be attached to.

This one is only about 4" wide, big enough for a small vero layout, jacks, & switch, but no room for the battery! Maybe they come in bigger sizes.... hard to shield though.

I've also been looking for old circular desk lamp bases that could be made into effects, but no luck yet.

donald stringer

You can find those circular brassy type in  any well equipped ace hardware. The ones in the store where I live have an 3/8" diam. hole in the center.
troublerat

markm

Quote from: Quackzed on April 27, 2006, 07:14:09 PM
pvc end caps... home depot bro...
love those round pedals.
Simply Unique!!! well... at least moreso than your run of the mill hammond box pedals...
very creative solution...
i can just see you searching the shelves for ANYTHING to put a pcb into... sounds like me ;D ;D ;D
cheap too!

Exactly :icon_exclaim: