How to Use your effects etc

Started by Austin73, April 29, 2006, 08:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin73

Just had a bit of a thought (If its been covered before sorry!) How about putting a depository up for fun FX settings, or specific sound settings ie how to get that sound you just can't quite nail. Does that makes sense? Hope so.

Also maybe put a thread up or depository again with Transistor, IC etc equivalents for all us noobies ! ha ha Might make life a bit easier for those who can't find the specified part or can't afford it!

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

MartyMart

Sounds like that could be fun, possibly using "odd" combinations with some mp3
sound samples ?

Nice idea :D

A recently recorded "wierd one" was using a "Super Fuzz" with a Boss OC3 up front and heavy detune Chorus/delay
after ..... HUGE Minimoog type solo sound !!

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Austin73

Cheers Marty , Have you read guitarist? they have Ace from skunk anansie but he only tells you what he has bought not how to use them! !!!!

Could aslo add signature settings i.e How soon is now by the smiths uses two fender twins tremelo's but I'm buggered if i can do the same using two pedals at the mo but I'm sure someone can or even delay settings etc for U2 lol

And lets not forget the IC TRANSISTOR COMPARISON TABLE PLEASE!

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Austin73

Peter Snowberg

Transistor and IC equivalents are already covered in the DIY FAQ above and numerous threads.

They have different numbers because they're different. There are millions of different types (or at least hundreds of thousands). If you want the data on any of them, try typing the number and the word datasheet into Google.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation