change fernandes FSK101 into FSK401

Started by wordstep, April 30, 2006, 03:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wordstep

I'm not so sure it's right to post here. if not ,excuse me

change fernandes FSK101 into FSK401

http://www.audio-concept.fr/apprendre/mailing_forums/index,idtopic,107325,forum,astuce-pour-ajouter-le-potard-de-niveau-de-sustain-du-fsk-401-qui-manque-au-fsk-101.html

i change the french in english,
---------
It is materialized by a small white rectangle on the lower edge of the plate of the PCB and this small rectangle contains three small holes obtrués by tin with the back of the plate.  These holes are numbered of left on the right from 1 to 3.  There with a soldering iron, give off the tin which covers these holes, then slip a small end of rigid wire metalic.  Small end of the Semi cord acute one of 4 or 5 mm will make the deal perfectly.  Weld these pieces of cords to the PCB by taking guard well not to let tin overflow onto the other copper tracks of the PCB.  But in theory, there should not be problems since the "weldable" face of the PCB is covered with an insulating varnish.  Encuite, get a simple potentiometer of 500K of the type B.  Connect the cap of the potard (mass) to the N°3 hole, the central terminal of the potard to the N°1 hole and the stud of left of the potard to the N°2 hole.  And veiled.  You have a kit complete Fsk-401 now, with for only differences a switches in mode to two positions instead of three (selector of mode Sustain/Mix/Harmonic [ Fifth sup ] position MIX in less) and a driver with the format doubles winding instead of the driver format single coil of Fsk-401.  If you are really very careful, it is possible to disunite both switches (select Mode and On/Off) of the PCB so, is, to place them where good seems to you on your guitar and this indépendament of the site of the electronic circuit, that is to say, to replace switch ON/ON used by Fsk-101 for the "Mode-Select" by a model ON/ON/ON (3 positions) as on Fsk-401.  Oila...  With your soldering irons!!!
----------------
the man dont confire it work.
and after look at the old/new weld-pot  ON THE PCB , i can say if it not work.
remove one weld-pot(2 connect)   right-below the  VBC   ---
http://fernandesguitars.com/manuals/sustainer_trimpot_functions.pdf

if you dont have FSK101,you dont know what i mean,or you can.

everything not confire yet.

DDD

As far as one can understand, the FSK-401 is the latest version of the Fern@ndes ssustainer kit? isn't it?
So, where can we get any info on FSK-401?
Too old to rock'n'roll, too young to die