searching for an effect of Nine Inch Nails...

Started by e45tg4t3, May 08, 2006, 09:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e45tg4t3

good day...

i´m on the search for an effect... in the beginning of the song gave up he´s singing and it sound like a defect audio device...
this "bit/binary" effect is what i´m searching for...

does somebody know this effect or any similar effect...

Best Regards Benny

anti-idiot

Quote from: e45tg4t3 on May 08, 2006, 09:13:05 AM
good day...

i´m on the search for an effect... in the beginning of the song gave up he´s singing and it sound like a defect audio device...
this "bit/binary" effect is what i´m searching for...

does somebody know this effect or any similar effect...

Best Regards Benny

sounds like a phase/pitch effect or something. my good ol' Zoom 9000 has an effect called 'metal' and does this kinda 'robot' sound.
If I was God you'd sell your soul to...

TheBishop

NIN are notorious for "bit-crushing" their tracks. Usually this is an effect that can be found in close proximity to Synths. Scott Weiland gets a similar effect by singing into a bullhorn infront of his mic.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I've seen a picture of Charlie Clouser's fx rig, and right on the bottom, was my Frostwave Sonic alienator. What's nice, is you could see it was turned on :icon_cool:
The Alienator has a choice of 24 bit crushing or swapping algorithms, plus a variable sample rate (that goes well down into audio) plus an analog filter.
That might be it, because he was doing the NIN fx at one stage.

bryantabuteau

what sort of input does your alienator take?  I'd love to have one specifically for bit crushing vocals and drum submixes live.