News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

rambler report

Started by christobean, May 08, 2006, 03:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christobean

I built the rambler from tim escobedo's site.  the only change i made was using a 250k pot instead of 500k pot for "octave".  i dont get an ocatave effect with any setting of the pot, but it does put out some awesome sounds. So far ive been able to get things fuzzy, overdriven, boosted, and also some echo and flange type things with my P-bass.  I would say it sounds better with bass but thats just my opinion.  It interacts A LOT with the guitar and changes in tone controls, pickup selection, and guitar volume change the sound a lot.

Quackzed

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

hairyandy

How about the BLOOD FUZZ!!!  Or maybe the "Nightmare on Stomp St."

:icon_eek:
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

christobean

nope, thats what its meant to look like though.  i had a can of red spray paint that was on its last legs, and all itd do was splatter red spots around so i decided to use it since it can make some mangled sounds.  i am still pondering a good name for it...feel free to make suggestions.

PenPen

Fantastic finish on the box, but I'm wondering how you manage to stomp on it? It looks like the controls would get in the way of any stomping.

MartyMart

I had the same problem, his "improved rambler" worked great BTW
both have wicked "odd" sounds, I love Tim's circuit snipits, they have taught me a lot
about circuits/modulation and stages ...

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

christobean

Quote from: PenPen on May 08, 2006, 10:10:05 PM
Fantastic finish on the box, but I'm wondering how you manage to stomp on it? It looks like the controls would get in the way of any stomping.
thanks. i go barefoot/wear sandals almost all the time when not in school, so i can manage it.  but i am thinking of a way to add a button or something ontop of the stomp switch so i can step on it w/ shoes when i have to.

jmusser

I never built the Rambler, as I had built Tim's Octup Blender and it was more what I was looking for. His Octup never did work for me. It made a pretty decent OD, but not an up octave. So far, one of the best up octaves I've built, has been Gus Smalley's Simple Octave Up. They all have there subtleties. Gusses Octave Up Sick Fuzz, is also a great octave up fuzz, though not as intense on the up octave as his SOU. The Bobtavia and the Neoctavia are two other good ones. Tim's Digital Octave Up, will make your ears bleed!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".