Started by no one ever, May 24, 2006, 01:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

no one ever

One day's work... not done yet...
(chk chk chk)

MartyMart

Lookin good, where's the layout at ??  :D

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Geoff Hunter

:o :o :o

Thats sweet!

Nice layout!

dano12

Mine came in yesterday. It is an absolutely beatiful board--it's obvious some hard work has gone into this one.

It's number four in my list of  builds I'm behind on :)

bancika

The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Geoff Hunter

no one ever

Quote from: dano12 on May 24, 2006, 09:23:25 AM
Mine came in yesterday. It is an absolutely beatiful board--it's obvious some hard work has gone into this one.

It's number four in my list of  builds I'm behind on :)

When you start building it, you'll notice that the board kinda snaps in place in front of the switches and on top of the pots... amazingly engineered.  :icon_mrgreen:
(chk chk chk)

no one ever

Ok, so it didn't work.  ???

Everything's soldered in, everything polarized is correctly positioned, trimpots aren't of any assistance, and the BA chip is on the right side in the right position. All IC's are socketed, and the power connector was soldered as described in the PDF.

The only difference between the instructions and my VB-2 is that 2 of the potentiometer's lugs are jumpered at the pot instead of using another wire, and the ground wire is soldered to the middle pot (depth, IIRC). As far as I know, these shouldn't have made a difference.

Hate to be %^&*y, but I'm SURE I didn't burn anything with the soldering iron (except my hand :( ).

Multimeter and assembled kit is next to me, just need some probing points....
(chk chk chk)

newbie builder

What happens when you plug it in? (loud noises, silence, does it work when bypassed but not when clicked on etc)
That bit of info might help diagnos the problem.
//

no one ever

Switch is wired correctly, power is getting to the circuit.

Bypass signal is fine, it's mute when on.
(chk chk chk)

R.G.

... What to do when it doesn't work...
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

markm

Just a wild guess here but,
This is from BYOC isn't it??

newbie builder

Yeah, but Keith is only doing a limited run of these for a  bit more than regular kits because of harder to find components and complexity.
//

no one ever

Quote from: R.G. on May 24, 2006, 08:22:12 PM
... What to do when it doesn't work...

I know, I know. I'm no newbie.

But I was wrong about power getting to the circuit.  :icon_redface: :icon_rolleyes:

(chk chk chk)