tyco octavia test progress

Started by edad, May 25, 2006, 08:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ok so far all my wiring is correct,I think Ive got the 3pdt switch correct also.I did verify that the build is a neg ground( red to board and black to ring?? is that right?.Now the germanium diodes need testing how do i do that?? how do i know if its mounted right?the mouser transformer has a p on it i assume (primary),I have it mounted with the primary windings closest to the diodes,correct?? the secondary will only use 2 of the mounting leads,correct? how do I test the transformer? thanks

petemoore

I did verify that the build is a neg ground( red to board and black to ring??
   is that right?.

Black battery wire to ring, circuit gnd to sleeve, and V+ to V+ on board.
  Now the germanium diodes need testing how do i do that?? how do i know if its mounted right?
  The diodes foreward threshold can be measured with some DMM's, look for a diode symbol on the Range Selector --->l , I can't tell if you're asking about mounting the diodes [plural], the bar on the diodes matches the bar on the diode symbol.
  the mouser transformer has a p on it i assume (primary),I have it mounted with the primary windings closest to the diodes,correct??
  Yes
   the secondary will only use 2 of the mounting leads,correct? how do I test the transformer? thanks
  I would simply test it in the circuit, it is doubtful it would be faulty.
  I mount the tranny using the tabs that stick down from the bottom, I drill a hole for one of them in perf, and hang the other one right over the side of the board, then bend both to secure it to the board. IIRC I just cut the secondary's center tap.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Today I finally got it together. I found a resistor that was a 47k insted of a 4.7m but i dont know if that would have caused problems.I reinstalled a dpdt switch and wired it as per the ggg diagrahm,because there wasnt a clear diagrahm which included the 3pdt switch ( at least for me anyway).
Now that it works,can I add a led and a dc jack yes or no? What caps can be socketed to  tweak the sound?Do different germanium doides have different sounds.if I went to another value on intensity pot would that add/subtract gain.how about more or less bass or treble ? what can be tweaked ??? thanks for all the help,all your suggestions made the difference :icon_biggrin: :icon_lol:

petemoore

I don't know how an adapter would work.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.