More bass from the AMZ mini-booster?

Started by rhys, June 01, 2006, 09:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhys

I pulled out my AMZ mini-booster for practice last night and was really digging it.  But I did find myself wishing for more bass. 

Is there an easy way to get more bass from the mini-booster--like changing the value of C2 (3.3uF NP) or C3 (.22uF) maybe?  (I built mine without C6, if that matters.)

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/joam_sc_amz.gif

petemoore

I think there may be a schema for 'Fat Boostered' around, which is a Minibooster with voicing for 'Fat'. Others and I find it a bit too bassy, but you can adjust to taste.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

squidsquad

Put C6 in & play w/the values.  I can switch between a .1 & a 10 (polarized).  It goes from leaning toward a treble booster to a bit TOO much bottom.  BTW...I used my ears...that's why 2 different types...I have no idea how or why there is a difference.....beyond the values.

Alex C

Quote from: squidsquad on June 01, 2006, 09:20:08 PMPut C6 in & play w/the values.

Hello sir, what are you referring to as "C6?"  I can't find it here or here or here.

Did you mean C7 on the Fat Boostered schematic?

-Alex

squidsquad

It's on Jack's original schem...which I believe is no longer posted.  He mentions it as an option for more boost....but not neccessary.  The original value is a 10uf polarized parrallel to R5.....from source of Q2 to ground (neg side to ground).  Playing w/the value is fun!

Alex C

Roger that, I'll check this out.  Oh, the joys of breadboard substitutions...  :)  Thanks!

-Alex