ABCD , 8 inputs , 8 volume knobs footswitch, help !

Started by rainfou, June 11, 2006, 07:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainfou

So hello !
I play acoustic guitar , I have 4 and all of em have 2 output : piezo and magnetic.
So i need this pedal to plug all of them and direct em into 1 single output that'd go through effect and then to the amp/PA.
I am totally incult when it comes to build electronic stuff.

Ive been lookin all over for a footswitch with :
-4 hit switch , named lets say A B C D.
- 2 inputs for each switch , 1 for a magnetic pickup , other for piezo.
- 1 volume knob for each of these inputs.

Somethin like a way better ( and stereo) http://www.morleypedals.com/daby.html

So 4 switchs->8 input->8 Volume knobs.

It'd also need to mute the 3 guitar I aint playing when I hit the switch of the guitar Im playing.
I want to play A guitar ? Hit the switch , mutes B C and D .

Could buy a mixer of course , but this would be a lot more practical for me.
My question here would be : from what ya guys read here , would I need electronical chips for this or would this work only be in need of wires , inputs jacks , knobs and casing ?

Never touched any of this and currently looking for someone in Montreal who could build this , but heck might as well try.

So  ???

R.G.

There used to be radio-button style switch racks that did exactly the switching you want - punch one in, it stays in and pops the others out. I haven't seen them in a few years, but a surplus company might have some.

I would do it electronically, with logic chips and electronic switches and/or relays, but that's because I've done electronics for a long time and it's easier that way for me.

How about a middle ground? Use one footswitch for each guitar. The footswitch connects/disconnects that guitar, both outputs and volumes, and mutes it when disconnected.

Instead of push one to switch, you push one to disconnect, then  push the one you want to connect. You do two actions to get a guitar running, but it's sure a lot simpler and cheaper. If you buy the fancy 3PDT switches, you can even have an indicator light for which one(s) is on.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.