(req) how rto mod ts-7

Started by teddybear, June 18, 2006, 06:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddybear

How mod ts-7 cause I'm unsatisfied with the sound cause the sound so harsh to me.
Needed

thx

Dirk_Hendrik

Open the unit, take out all the parts and throw em away.
Then solder a wire from input to output. If there's still harshness you can be sure that i'ts from the rest of your setup.

But seriously, the "sounds harsh" is just a too vague complaint to give clear instructions for modding.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

cd

Quote from: Dirk_Hendrik on June 18, 2006, 07:54:43 AM
Open the unit, take out all the parts and throw em away.
Then solder a wire from input to output. If there's still harshness you can be sure that i'ts from the rest of your setup.

But seriously, the "sounds harsh" is just a too vague complaint to give clear instructions for modding.

ROTFLMAO

Seriously though if ANY TS type pedal is too harsh with the tone control turned down, sell it and get something that isn't a TS.  By designed the highs are dulled down considerably, changing a part here or there will not change the basic character of the pedal.  Here's the requisite schematic before anyone asks: