Building a RAT , need some help

Started by Xavier, June 21, 2006, 04:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

I'm building a Rat as per Toney's vero layout and I have some issues.

- Without any clipping diode it distorts quite a bit, but as soon as I add them (2x1N4148) ,I have an ugly gating effect. Transistor is a 2N5457. Everything is well connected (according to the layout)

What could it be?

Bernardduur

Check your connections..... Without any diodes it will be a boost pedal only a really distortion when the diodes are added.

Which opamp did you use? Pinout correct?
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Xavier

Quote from: Bernardduur on June 21, 2006, 08:13:38 AM
Check your connections..... Without any diodes it will be a boost pedal only a really distortion when the diodes are added.

Which opamp did you use? Pinout correct?

Yeah that's my concerd. I used to have a Keeley rat with the same features. I'm using an LM308 and the pinout is correct. May be the transistor bias? I had something like G=0v,S=1v,D=9v. I know it sounds weird, but I read somewehere that the voltages in the Rat are no usual

Xavier

2 leads wired incorrectly......now it's working. Always too impatient at debugging. Also have did the usual 3pdt mod for selecting LED/1N4148/nothing in the clipping section. The worst was trying to cram the vero inside a 1950B box. Every time some component in the circuit touched ground. I have inserted some pieces of paper and so far it works.

How do you isolate the board from the enclosure when working with not-so-small boards like this one?