JCM800 Veroboard/Stripboard?

Started by KerryF, July 14, 2006, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanhansen

That's cool.  If it's based off the Electrictabs schematic, which it looks like it is, then the "design by" needs to reflect that, not me.  ;)
Erik

Xavier

Quote from: vanhansen on July 17, 2006, 05:58:55 PM
That's cool.  If it's based off the Electrictabs schematic, which it looks like it is, then the "design by" needs to reflect that, not me.  ;)

Done, done......  I was too lazy to double check, as always ;D

MartyMart

Looks great, you just need to link "a" to "j" for a constant ground ... "b" is 9v right !

MM :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

KerryF

Xavier

Quote from: MartyMart on July 17, 2006, 07:55:25 PM
Looks great, you just need to link "a" to "j" for a constant ground ... "b" is 9v right !

MM :D

Hey, this is what I call a progression. Just omission errors this time.

Yes b is 9v.

Zombie chorus here I go

Torchy

Is that a perf layout or a vero layout ?

It looks like a hybrid to me and is hard to follow. Also you need to look at component physical sizes and how much space youve given them (eg 680nF is a BIG cap).

Xavier

Quote from: Torchy on July 18, 2006, 06:11:50 AM

It looks like a hybrid to me and is hard to follow. Also you need to look at component physical sizes and how much space youve given them (eg 680nF is a BIG cap).

Actually it's a perf layout. I've tried to make it as compact as possible. I'm starting to build it, and yes it's kind of challenging cramming all those components in the board.

I would really like to see how you would have done it, your layouts are very clean and well organized. Seeing the differences would be of big help to me.

wampcat1

Quote from: Torchy on July 18, 2006, 06:11:50 AM

Hi Torchy!! :)

I use .68uF panasonic caps from digikey -- they are very small and work great in tight places. Just an FYI. :)

Talk to you later,
Brian

wampcat1

I should add a bit... 1800kiss my...with all due respect...this is a DIY place. We'll all help YOU do it yourself, but you really should dive in and try vero'ing it yourself. You'll learn ALOT more. I say this because looking at your previous posts you have asked several times if someone will send you a vero layout. Since there isn't one, can you contribute one? We could get it in the Layouts gallery so everyone could benefit.  :icon_wink:

Also, you might consider a different screen name... it might come off in a abrasive way to some.  :icon_biggrin:

bw

KerryF

I actually did give it a try, from the perfboard layout Xavier posted.  I did a little bit and then realized I didnt have it big enough and had to move everything so I stopped.  I think I will give it a try, but right now I am working on my first design for an overdrive pedal so I am almost done with that before I test it on breadboard.

About the screen name, I think most people dont even recognize it for what it means, but I use it on UG forums, so if people are on here from there, they can recognize me.

Sorry if it offends anyone.  ;D

Torchy

Xavier - thanks, it looked like perf but I wasnt sure  :icon_wink:

I have a Thunderchief layout I'll try and alter for this.

Brian - When I meant caps are big, I meant in respect to other components ie on perf/vero you can put two resistors on adjacent holes but I leave a gap for caps. I leave the gap so that if you have small caps you can squeeze the layout smaller, but it'll fit whatever you have in the spares box.

Oh, and I dont get offended by usernames - its what you say thats important  :icon_wink:

Xavier

Quote from: Torchy on July 18, 2006, 05:16:36 PM
Xavier - thanks, it looked like perf but I wasnt sure  :icon_wink:

I have a Thunderchief layout I'll try and alter for this.

Brian - When I meant caps are big, I meant in respect to other components ie on perf/vero you can put two resistors on adjacent holes but I leave a gap for caps. I leave the gap so that if you have small caps you can squeeze the layout smaller, but it'll fit whatever you have in the spares box.

Oh, and I dont get offended by usernames - its what you say thats important  :icon_wink:

Yeah now I'm really curious. I first tried a vero layout but after 25 trace cuts I thought I wasn't taking the right approach. :icon_mrgreen:

Looking at it again I don't think it's so hard to follow, at least if you compare it to the Boogey layout I did before. This being said, that is a 10x26 layout. If it wasn't for the 6 pots needed, it would fit in a 1590B box, which I like.

Looking forward to yours, Torchy, and thanks for coming back !!!

KerryF

Yea I started to transfer your layout into veroboard until there was a "cut trace" every other hole... ::)