First veroboard layout

Started by mat, July 17, 2006, 02:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat

Hi all,

This is my first try to make a veroboard layout. The circuit is Distortion+ with Alfonso Hermidas mods. I found the schem somewhere on the forum:

I wonder if the comp pot third lug and .003u cap after the tone pot goes to 4.5V (as per the schem) or to ground (I tried both)?

Here is the layout (not yet working!!)(there are trace cuts under D1-D4):

The signal goes trough but volume at full it is only as loud as bypassed and drive pot does nothing. I tried different kind of diodes on it but no drive at all. The ic pin 7 gets 9V.

I would appreciate if a more experienced pair of eyes would check my layout for obvious mistakes.

After I get the circuit to work, it would be very interesting to try the 'mosfet clipping' I have read on the forum.

Thanks,
mat

MartyMart

Hard to see the trace "cuts" under stuff ... does R4 have a cut ? otherwise it's shorting out

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

mat

Quote from: MartyMart on July 17, 2006, 02:29:47 PM
Hard to see the trace "cuts" under stuff ... does R4 have a cut ? otherwise it's shorting out

MM.

Yes it has,
mat

PB Wilson

Funny you posted this. I was looking through my schematics collection and came across Alfonso's mods. I think I'll look closer and might build this up. Thanks for doing the legwork!

About the trim pot, is there a way to put it on the board, maybe at the bottom?

mat

Quote from: PB Wilson on July 18, 2006, 05:25:27 PM
Funny you posted this. I was looking through my schematics collection and came across Alfonso's mods. I think I'll look closer and might build this up. Thanks for doing the legwork!

About the trim pot, is there a way to put it on the board, maybe at the bottom?

You might have to bend the trimmers third leg a bit. Lugs 1 and 2 to the fift row from bottom and third lug to row 3 or 4 from bottom.
As I mentioned, I did not got this to work, so it might be the layout being wrong or the schem or my soldering  :icon_rolleyes:

I left 2 rows ampty on the bottom to put a ic socket for the diode experimenting. I found it easy to put the diodes on another ic socket and the put it to the socket soldered on the veroboard - quick swapping of the diodes..

I was just hoping someone that has built this/more experienced builder would give their insight.

cheers,
mat