News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

decals question

Started by Branimir, July 18, 2006, 10:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Branimir

Hi!

since there is a limited source of paper stores in my town, or actually limited virety of papers, i came across some brand that has "tattoo" paper.

It says it works with inkjet printers and is applied to the skin with a wet sponge.

Would this qualify as a waterslide decal? Heh...

Thanks!
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

nelson

It does qualify. I have a feeling it will just dissolve under the clearcoat though.

Best thing to do is buy a sample and test it out.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Branimir

Quote from: nelson on July 18, 2006, 11:32:00 PM
It does qualify. I have a feeling it will just dissolve under the clearcoat though.
Cool, I get my paycheck, moneyboost today ;) It's 7,7 euros for a package of this paper, I think it has like four A4 sheets and some small ones (not sure), but it's something like that.

Great, finally I'll get to label my pedals! :)
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

alderbody

why don't you use adhesive transparencies?

print on those with an inkjet or a laser printer.

i do all my pedals this way (and even without clearcoat) and i have never had any problems.

If one peels off, you can replace it anytime, or re-decorate the pedal.

You can fit quite many decals in one A4 sheet...