marshall vibratrem help

Started by reaper, August 02, 2006, 03:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reaper

so i bought a marshall vibratrem for cheap and i would like to fix the buggy nature of the pedal. half the time the effect doesn't work depending on what settings im using, some people said to try it with a power supply and it didn't act any better. so are there any fixes for this pedal or mods to make it not so weird? also i would like to have it be able to do the square wave tremolo where there is no sound in between waves instead of reduced volume (when the depth is maxed of course) and the smooth sine wave tremolo instead of the pulsing triangle wave stuff. any help is appreciated.

reaper

reaper

has no one ever opened up a vt1 vibratrem before?

col

I had one of these and it sucked batteries and with anything less than 9v it didn't work. With a power supply it was fine as long as you used it clean. As soon as you added any other effect to it especially distortion the effect disappeared. The instructions that came with it said that this would happen. None of my other tremelos do this so it must just be something with the Marshall pedal. As soon as I built to EA trem I sold the vibratrem on.

Col
Col

reaper

well since no one has an answer i was wondering can i just throw a different tremolo in the box? original cicuit instead of modding? which one is the easiest to build? i want the whole square wave on and off to the shallow sine wave sound. which is easiest to build and sounds the best?