Ancient 70's Script/FaserTone/PT666/MXR Pics. Erm. What is it?

Started by darron, August 06, 2006, 08:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

A friend handed me this pedal the other day. It was missing it's back cover, and the PCB was hanging on my two wires. One of them fell off on the way home hehe. It appears to be a 70's pt999 phaser.

I got some schematics off the net and re-soldered the wires. It was missing a carbon-comp resistor which I replaced with a metal-film that I had in my inventory, so it's not ORIGINAL anymore I guess. I fiddled with the internal trimpots for a bit It sounds cool but you have to set it for the range you use on the guitar, and once it warms up it appears to loose much of it's effect. Bummer.

Anybody know what this sucker's worth? Let me know if you want closer pics or component values etc. I'm interested in feedbakc that people might have on this model :)

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Toney

That's a really early Maxon/Ibanez PT999 phaser.
Should have black plastic sleeve to cover the board which is then glued to the pot backs.

As for value.... thats a hard one to determine...

darron

Quote from: Toney on August 06, 2006, 08:40:32 AM

That's a really early Maxon/Ibanez PT999 phaser.
Should have black plastic sleeve to cover the board which is then glued to the pot backs.

As for value.... thats a hard one to determine...

that explains all that glue... i didn't get a plastic sleeve with it. i use the same enclosures so i had a backing for it at least.

markm

Yeah, that there is from many moons ago.....back in the days of my youth  :icon_neutral:

MartyMart

I used to own a VERY early "Flying Lady" Ibanez phaser, with a single "aluminium" knob
same colour box but with a slight slope to it from around 1977 !
It sounded like a Phase 45 to me, quite subtle but nice.
Sold it on for around £75 ( 140 bucks ) and it was almost "mint" condition.
This is probably the same circuit ?

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

darron

Quote from: MartyMart on August 06, 2006, 09:16:21 AM
I used to own a VERY early "Flying Lady" Ibanez phaser, with a single "aluminium" knob
same colour box but with a slight slope to it from around 1977 !
It sounded like a Phase 45 to me, quite subtle but nice.
Sold it on for around £75 ( 140 bucks ) and it was almost "mint" condition.
This is probably the same circuit ?

MM.

could very well be? this nearly looks like it floated to a different continent in an ocean lol. it's probibably not worth much then unless some crazy person wants one badly.

bring me BOBO!

Toney

Most probabaly MM, Maxon were outrageous "borrowers" with their early gear.

And everyone copied MXR...

Melanhead

Cool! ... I have one of these as well, but just the board .... I'll have to wire it up someday to see if it still works!  :icon_cool:

darron

Quote from: Melanhead on August 08, 2006, 06:53:49 AM
Cool! ... I have one of these as well, but just the board .... I'll have to wire it up someday to see if it still works!  :icon_cool:

let me know how it goes! :D