Any issues with this?

Started by jimbob, August 13, 2006, 01:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

From the tonepad site I etched a Ross compressor and an Orange Squeezer on the same board. I plan to be able to switch between the 2 different compressors but I was wondering if there was something I might be overlooking when it comes to having 2 circuits on 1 board. Will there be noise issues? ect..
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Mark Hammer

Quote from: jimbob on August 13, 2006, 01:43:32 PM
From the tonepad site I etched a Ross compressor and an Orange Squeezer on the same board. I plan to be able to switch between the 2 different compressors but I was wondering if there was something I might be overlooking when it comes to having 2 circuits on 1 board. Will there be noise issues? ect..
Assuming you don't have wires wandering all over the place, no.
Probably a good idea to make sure that the common power supply feeds each effect separately by decoupling the V+ line to each part of the circuit board.  So, for instance, try sticking a 100R resistor and 100uf cap to ground just ahead of the V+ point on each V+ pad on the board.

The other thing to consider is that each circuit is "always on" so that between the OS, the Ross, and the two status LEDs you are sure to put in there, a 9v alkaline won't live long enough to collect a pension.  Maybe just plan on a wallwart for starters.

jimbob