Position of the Led on the front panel?

Started by Gilles C, August 13, 2006, 02:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilles C

Did any of you have a problem with a Led in this position, if you ever tried it?

I am testing a few positions for my front panels, and can't decide for the Led.

Thanks,

Gilles

fixr1984

I've put it in the bottom corner, next to the switch and right above the switch.
I personally dont like that due to the fact that when my foot is on the switch I cant tell if the
LED is lit or not. I like to put it on the top centered, but thats just me.

Crawf

Hi, I recently posted a question about how to upload pictures, so if the link works you will see my pedals, i have chosen to put the LED to the side of the switch because it gave me more room to work in the box(i`m a beginner) i find it ok there as i usually know when its on just by whats happening sound wise, anyway thats just me, cheers Crawf.

aron

Looks good.

Gilles, nice clean look on yours.

BTW: in the About This Forum.... sticky there are instructions on how to upload pics.

MartyMart

I like 'em next to the switch too :D , seems to make sense when wiring up to the
switch also and as you say, doesnt "steal space"
Opposite side of switch is good for the 9v barrel connection too !

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Gilles C

Thanks guys, so I will try them right there, on the lower left corner.

I decided on the left because I "think" I use my right foot all the time. I thought the Leds would be easier to see that way. And at the top, they seem to be hidden by the knobs sometimes.

I like them in the middle of the box for a 1590B(B), but it's out of question for a front panel unless I place the pcb sideway.

But you gave me another reason to leave it there Marty. Easier to wire is what I like. And the 9V power jack on the right (only when boxed) is also a good idea. It makes neat boxes.

Nice boxes too Crawf. Are you a lefty or a righty with yout foot? Any reason you chose the right for the Led?

Btw, this afternoon, I bought 10 x LM7809 regulators to prepare for the "Eight + one 11 volt" transformer I ordered from Weber Speakers . I should have the regulation board ready when the transformer gets here.

Gilles

O

Quote from: MartyMart on August 13, 2006, 05:55:35 PM
I like 'em next to the switch too :D , seems to make sense when wiring up to the
switch also and as you say, doesnt "steal space"
Opposite side of switch is good for the 9v barrel connection too !

MM.

+1 :D

Crawf

Hi,I use my left foot normally for on/off switching including my wah,i`m right handed! no particular reason for the position.............maybe it looked right..i`m not sure but i`m pleased with the result but more importantly they all work live, cheer Crawf. :) 

markm

I'm sorry Gilles but, I gotta go with the top centered approach for the LED.
Top and centered.....what could one do with that space up there anyway?
Besides, having it down under my foot isn't appealing to me, I liken it to
having the speedometer in your car on the passenger side.....hard to see ya know?  :icon_lol:
Just an opinion guys, unpopular as it is it's just my way of lookin' at it.

hubble

my latest build i put led/ millenium bypass in the top right corner just like that.  works well!

Gilles C

Just as I checked top-centered, more options are coming...

No problem MarkM, as you can see, you won't be alone. (Btw, did you see the Toyotas with the speedometer in the middle of the car?)

Top-right? I was wondering if somebody tried one of the top corners. You answered my question, you did.  ;) But I still prefer left  :)

And as you can see, the position of the Led changes where the lettering will be.

I was also wondering about the pots, but that's another story... One thing I can say is that the Led position also affects where I will install the pots, two at the top, one lower in the middle, or one at the top, two below it.

You know what, I think bottom left wins...

Gilles

markm

The top middle is "traditional"....like me a suppose  :icon_biggrin:
And, I did see that.....Nissan I think is doing that with some.....strange to me.