News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

It's a mystery...

Started by mmadscientist, September 03, 2006, 01:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmadscientist

Hello all.  I have a cct on the breadboard that I really like.  It sounds great, and the output comes just up to the red on my preamp but doesn't clip.  The problem is that when I send audio to it from my DAW, all I get is loud static with a barely audible instrument signal.  I checked cables/routing/wires/batteries and no luck.  Used as a stompbox on the way in it works great, but when sent to I just get loud static.  I am utterly clueless.

Johan

what circuit is it?..probably has to do with impedances..in and out..if it is designed to go to a 1M guitar input and you send it to a 10k Line input....

johan
DON'T PANIC

mmadscientist

It's a weird bazzfuss/ two gainstge cct.  I really just happened on some good combos while messing around.  It is basically two simple n2222a  gain stages into a modified bazzfuss.  I don't know how to post schems.... 

darron

hmm. i made a fuzz face that did that. it had two germaniums in it. i didn't bias it and made it right from the schem at tonepad.

it went good in some pickups and guitars, but on others it made a crappy loud hum (fuzz hum i guess). i found a point where the hum would just roll off completely once i turned down the gain though.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Might be a bias problem, the guitar pickup might be providing resistance to ground, which isn't there when you use the capacitor isolated DAW or soundcard output.

mmadscientist

darron

Quote from: mmadscientist on September 03, 2006, 10:02:30 PM
So what should I do?

i dont know. im not an expert and i just followed instruction for that circuit. heaps of people here SHOULD be able to help though...
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!