Dirty Sanchez sounds like.....

Started by bdevlin, September 15, 2006, 05:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdevlin

I just got this on wired up.  I like the sound.  Kinda a cross between "good god that guy's guitar tone sucks" and playing with shredded speaker cones.  Maybe with a little "Spirit in the Sky" thrown in.  BUT.....the signal doesn't sustain out.  It gets suddenly cut when it seems like it hits a certain input threshold.  Does this sound right?

bluesdevil

You gotta mod: replace Q1 with a MPSA13 and try a 50k linear pot for the texture knob. Also try upwards to a 47k for the collector resistor of Q2.... that will fatten it up and help give more sustain.
            I love this circuit with those mods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

343 Salty Beans

the best part about DIY isn't copying the exact design. Sure, it's the same circuit, but you can swap trannies/ICs, change some cap or resistor values, try different combos of diodes, etc. until you've got the sound that you love. It's the YOURSELF in DIY. It makes the pedal unique and yours.

petemoore

It gets suddenly cut when it seems like it hits a certain input threshold.  Does this sound right?

your description alludes to gating/misbais...but I don't know just how Dirty Sanchez was intended to be either...
  .....the signal doesn't sustain out.
  Does this sound normal to you who know Sanchez?

Convention creates following, following creates convention.