Going to build Marshall Supa Fuzz today!

Started by Moonface, September 15, 2006, 06:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonface

Ok. The time here in Finland is now 1.03 AM. I am going to build Rahmals Zupah Fuzzah tonite and just thought if there are some hints you can give me.... About biasing or component selection or anything....
Any info will be appreciated!!  :icon_razz: :icon_razz: :icon_razz:

Thanks, Moonface

KerryF

I built one and it sounded amazing once I got it working.  Then after a week I tried it again because I was going to box it, and it didnt work.  Its been like 2 weeks and I havent touched it yet, but im sure it is working fine still, but something happened last time or something.  But its a great sounding fuzz.  I built a Colorsound ToneBender MKII Pro and the Marshall SupaFuzz at the same time, and I like the SupaFuzz more.  You will like it.

Moonface

Thanks for the reply. I will post some pics, when it's finished. Have to search my drawers more carefully for UEBER MOJO parts...
Ha!  ;D

Moonface

Ok. It's finished, but when I turn the fuzz pot all the way up it starts to squeal... When I back it off a little, it oscillates and when I back it up more, it works just fine... What is wrong??? The fuzz pot is standard 1K linear.

burnt fingers

Fuzz circuits are high gain and tend to squeal and ocsilate.  Make sure your input and output wires don't cross and are as short as possible.  Try some sheilded wire for the input if you can. 

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

KerryF

I didnt get any oscilation on my SupaFuzz, but I do on my 4uzz which I think can get more fuzz.  THe oscilation goes down when I turn the gain or volume down on the 4uzz.  Its natural for a fuzz.

Moonface

Moonface

I used 3x CV7003 trannies (OC44). It sounds like crap tho. Not my taste. Btw, the trannies are really good, they got under 10uA leakage... Maybe because they are mil-spec...