Muffer Built! First successful build!

Started by Barcode80, September 27, 2006, 01:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

I have completed a build of the muffer booster.

Here is the circuit: http://www.muzique.com/schem/muff.gif

once I get it suitably mounted in a decent enclosure and clean it up a bit, I'll post pics and soundclips. I am so excited. I had built a total of 4 duds of various circuits and was ready to pull my hair out, but this buld bolstered my confidence SIGNIFICANTLY! I am next going to tackle Yun's modded rocket boost circuit, the hot rocket! Thanks for all your help guys, I'm sure I'll be posting a bazillion "HELP ME..." posts soon. YAY!!!

gaussmarkov

burnt fingers

The muffer was my second build,  nice little circuit. 

Congrats
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

David

Yup.  The Muffer was a definite confidence-builder during a period when I couldn't seem to build anything successfully.
Hey, did you socket the transistor, by any chance?  If so, you're in for a lot of fun because you can taste-test galore!  For some real heat, put a 2N5089 in there and listen to that little thing SCREAM!

Barcode80

Unfortunately I haven't placed a bulk order anywhere yet, so my only supply source is rat shack, who curently have no tranny or dip sockets of any kind in stock  >:( so I hard wired. I made it for a friend, though, and I'm going to make another so maybe i'll socket that one.

343 Salty Beans

Isn't it a good feeling when you make your first one?

Good luck with the enclosure...that's where I always get screwed  :icon_rolleyes:

Quote from: Barcode80 on September 27, 2006, 05:12:23 PM
Unfortunately I haven't placed a bulk order anywhere yet, so my only supply source is rat shack, who curently have no tranny or dip sockets of any kind in stock  >:( so I hard wired. I made it for a friend, though, and I'm going to make another so maybe i'll socket that one.

I made my first two builds for my guitarist for free so he wouldn't make me repair any dumb mistakes. Lo and behold, there's plenty of them in the RAT, and the second build I never fixed at all. Smart idea to make your first one for a friend  8)