News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

LDR's

Started by Austin73, October 15, 2006, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin73

Was thinking of making a couple of idiot wahs but fancied using LDR's to contol the Wah sweep. Had a quick look at Rapid (UK)  butn not sure what I actually need.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also how would I reverse the light Dark sensitivity to give me wah anti wah sound if I put 2 together (SRV)

Hope this makes sense as I've just come off a long long long night shift

Cheers

Austin
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Seljer

looking over the site, I'd say something like this:
http://www.rapidonline.com/productinfo.aspx?tier1=Electronic+Components&tier2=Optoelectronics&tier3=Optoelectronic+Devices&tier4=Miniature+light+dependent+resistor&moduleno=34796

you can wire a resistor in series with the thing to basically define a "max resistance", or in series with it to define the minimum resistance (along with the minimum resistance of the actual LDR when bright which is usually a couple of kiloohms)

R.G.

Read "The Technology of Wah Pedals" at GEO. In the "Technology of... " section, upper left of the entry page.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.