Neo-Vibe - Megavibe

Started by Hendrik1, October 21, 2006, 01:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hendrik1

Anyone have build the NeoVibe and is it about the same as a Megavibe?

Megavibe soundfile:

http://webzoom.freewebs.com/kreffectspedals/Megavibe%201a.mp3

JimRayden

The Megavibe-company's web pages states the Megavibe was modelled after the original Uni-Vibe.

We also know Neo-Vibe was designed to capture the sounds of the original Uni-Vibe.

Anyone got a two-plus-two calculator? :D

----------
Jimbo

Hendrik1

R.G.

QuoteThe NeoVibe sounds not as Fat, or maybe it was the setting:
Let's be clear here. The Neovibe IS the same circuit as the original Uni-vibe.

It is also true that the original Uni-vibe varied from unit to unit. A lot.

There is no useful information to be had in comparing one audio sample of the Univibe, the Neovibe, and probably not the Megavibe. One sample cannot carry the variation of which the circuits are capable.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Hendrik1

You are right, Ive done a lot of reading about the Univibe. True even Jimi must have about six Univibes, maybe not only for sound differences but also the did get broke easy.

But it must be possible to say from a Neo-Vibe builder if it can sound as Fat as the example of the Megavibe.

R.G.

Yes, some Neovibed can sound as fat as the sample of the Megavibe. Which may or may not be a sample of a real Megavibe, whatever a Megavibe is.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Hendrik1

There site with some nice goody '60 Univibe inside pictures:

http://www.krmusicalproducts.com/

JimRayden

Quote from: JimRayden on October 21, 2006, 02:01:29 PM
We also know Neo-Vibe was designed to capture the sounds of the original Uni-Vibe.

Quote from: R.G. on October 21, 2006, 02:51:31 PM
Let's be clear here. The Neovibe IS the same circuit as the original Uni-vibe.

Sorry, never compared the schematics to one another. But my point remains.

---------
Jimbo

SteveB

The main differences in the 2 sound files are the sound of the amp or OD pedal AFTER the vibe. The Megavibe sounclip has more distortion happening than the Neovibe clip.

I don't have any new sound files with it, but this one was done in 1998 with Neovibe into a Rockmaster tube preamp into a Marshall JMP 100w amp. Not as deep sounding, but a lot of that has to do with the amp setup.
http://www.sbkustoms.com/music/S.S.T./here%20now.mp3

My sounds today are a bit more organic, & I feel I can get the sound of the Megavibe clip when playing it though a screamer pedal & into an older Fender tube amp.

So... I say the Neovibe captures the unvibe sound very nicely. Nice & liquidy, with a good throb. Setting the internal trimpot is critcal to finetuning the sound you are looking for.

Hopefully, I'll get some up to date sounds posted soon,

Steve