Hear my Maestro Boomerang Clone - In Action

Started by Paul Marossy, November 04, 2006, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

Check out the tune called "wholed Me" here: http://www.myspace.com/j201jams 
I use it here and there. I like it - it sounds kind of like Scott Henderson's wah sounds.  :icon_cool:

$uperpuma

I like the the way that one sound! I know its a bit more work...but to hear effects within a composition is a much more accurate view of how usable/useful that particular effect can be... thanks for that!
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

dano12

Quote from: Paul Marossy on November 04, 2006, 11:42:43 AM
Check out the tune called "wholed Me" here: http://www.myspace.com/j201jams 
I use it here and there. I like it - it sounds kind of like Scott Henderson's wah sounds.  :icon_cool:

Wow, loved it.

And you're the only other person I've met who even knows who Klaus Schulze is :) Audentity still gets regular playtime in the beavis basement.

Paul Marossy

QuoteAnd you're the only other person I've met who even knows who Klaus Schulze is

Yeah, I like a lot of obscure stuff like that. "Body Love" is one of my favorite albums.

tungngruv

Paul Marossy

Thanks tungngruv. I don't have any other DIY effects going on that. I know, it's heresy, but I'm using my Zoom 9030 for the dist & delay sounds.  :icon_redface:

boogietube

Self described as "Closet Virtuoso" on myspase.
Paul, you can omit the "closet".
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

tungngruv

QuoteThanks tungngruv. I don't have any other DIY effects going on that. I know, it's heresy, but I'm using my Zoom 9030 for the dist & delay sounds.

You know Paul, sometimes we forget that the most important part is the playing. Hearing you solo like that makes me believe you are several hundred years old. That's the only way you could possibly have time to make the pedals, design the pcb's, make the wahs, do the website, etc............ and make my jaw drop with that playing. Seriously, playing is the bottom line and it sounds to me like your bottom line is phat!!!! Once again, great job.

Paul Marossy

QuoteYou know Paul, sometimes we forget that the most important part is the playing. Hearing you solo like that makes me believe you are several hundred years old. That's the only way you could possibly have time to make the pedals, design the pcb's, make the wahs, do the website, etc............ and make my jaw drop with that playing. Seriously, playing is the bottom line and it sounds to me like your bottom line is phat!!!! Once again, great job.

Gee, thanks for the compliments! I guess you could say that I am driven? But, I have been making a concerted effort for at least a year to return to concentrating on being a better musician and not so much on building stuff all the time - that can be a never ending cycle...  :icon_confused:

al3151

Hello Paul,I'd like to know what kind of wah pot are you using?and what kind of inductor and transistors?

Paul Marossy

Hot Potz II, yellow Fasel, BC109 transistors.

tcobretti

Sounds great! Both the pedal and the playing!

Paul Marossy

Yeah, I love the sound of this wah. It sounds raunchy and phat, too.  :icon_cool:

erix

Quote from: Paul Marossy on November 04, 2006, 12:50:56 PM
QuoteAnd you're the only other person I've met who even knows who Klaus Schulze is

Yeah, I like a lot of obscure stuff like that. "Body Love" is one of my favorite albums.

I'm quite fond of "Trancefer" myself...

Paul, I'm surprised we never ran into each other in LV back in those days - ever listen to the old "Difficult Listening" show on KUNV wed nights at midnight?

Paul Marossy

QuotePaul, I'm surprised we never ran into each other in LV back in those days - ever listen to the old "Difficult Listening" show on KUNV wed nights at midnight?

Hmm... I don't remember that one. My dad always listened to that "Hearts of Space" program, and he may have listened to that KUNV program as well, but I don't remember. So, you lived in Las Vegas? Around what time? I've been here since 1980.

QuoteI'm quite fond of "Trancefer" myself...

Never heard of that album. I haven't listened to a whole lot of him, but I thought Body Love was a great album.

Skreddy

Holy crap, Dude!  Freakin sweet!  Sounded like a wah -> Boss DS-1 -> some kind of rack delay.  Surprising that Zoom sounds so nice for recording.

Awesome playing, Man.   :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool:

Paul Marossy

QuoteSounded like a wah -> Boss DS-1 -> some kind of rack delay.  Surprising that Zoom sounds so nice for recording.

Yeah, I bought that 9030 unit back in 1993 sometime. I has some really nice reverb and delay sounds. The distortion tones aren't half bad, either. If you run it thru an amp, however, it kind of sounds like crap. It's pretty good for recording, though. Thanks for the compliments, too.  :icon_biggrin:

jrc4558

Paul Marossy

BTW, I guess I should mention that my clone with a yellow Fasel pretty much nails the tone of my '72 Maestro Boomerang...  :icon_cool:

Paul Marossy

I added another tune where I am using my Boomerang clone, it's the one called "Wronged". I did the main guitar part a while ago and added the bass and lead guitar parts last night/this morning. I kind of threw it together...  :icon_confused: