Worlds simplest LED flasher

Started by RaceDriver205, November 10, 2006, 11:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaceDriver205

Just found this, and I thought it might be of interest to anyone who wanted their indicator LED to flash. It uses a 2n2222 with the base unconnected, very strange!
http://www.cappels.org/dproj/simplest_LED_flasher/Simplest_LED_Flasher_Circuit.html

Harry

Nice, I'll definately be trying this one out.

fikri

Very nice, but I guess i'll use a self-flash LED instead ! much more simple  ;D

Harry

Fikri, are you talking about what those LEDs they sell as Blinking LEDs? What are those exactly?

RaceDriver205

QuoteVery nice, but I guess i'll use a self-flash LED instead ! much more simple
True! Forgot about them.

brett

Wow!
What an interesting effect.  There's gotta be a use for this effect in stompboxes.
Hmmm....
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

sfr

Quote from: fikri on November 11, 2006, 12:43:06 AM
Very nice, but I guess i'll use a self-flash LED instead ! much more simple  ;D

Ah, but this could use an LED that was normally just on or off, with the flashing indicating a third state, without having to use another LED. 

Although I'm fascinated by shiney things and like to put an LED in anywhere I can possibly justify it, so saving an LED is kind of silly for me.
sent from my orbital space station.

aron

I remember using the flashing leds but I got spikes in the pedal. You could hear the clicking in the audio path. I wonder if this circuit will be less prone to noise?

Marcos - Munky

Yeah, I tried a flashing led too, and you can hear clicks in your sound. Some time ago Joe Davisson used to have two circuits in his site, one for a bypass with led flashing and other for a bypass with a 3 color led flashing. If somebody is ininterested in those circuits, send me an e-mail.

Rafa

wow never thought it was gonna be so simple ;D
Il try it

fikri

Quote from: Harry on November 11, 2006, 01:14:46 AM
Fikri, are you talking about what those LEDs they sell as Blinking LEDs? What are those exactly?

dun know exactly, but i've found a quite interesting project with LEDS here : http://www.epanorama.net/links/lights.html#ledcircuits

JimRayden

That screams for an ultra-simple tremolo. :D Don't take this from me, I'll start working on it as soon as I replenish my supply of LDRs.

----------
Jimbo

squidsquad

I was wanting to use this simple circuit:  http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/flash2.htm
to build a stereo trem. 
Was thinkin using a multi-pole rotory switch to have 3 or four speeds.
But then I found a schem for a stereo tremolous lune...figured it would be more versitle.
If only I had the time & parts.......

markm

RaceDriver205

Yeah, you guys might want to check out the other stuff on his site. He's absolutely awesome at integrating small microcontrollers and radio transmission. He's got loads of detailed and documented project pages on loads of awesome stuff.

rockgardenlove

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: rockgardenlove on December 14, 2006, 01:25:50 AM
Did this work for anybody?

The problem is, it definitely needs (at least!) 12V. And it depends on the individual transistor as well.

RaceDriver205

Well, I may have started this thread, but I say just buy a flashing LED.