morley power wah boost

Started by jlullo, November 19, 2006, 07:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlullo

hi everyone.  someone is selling a broken Morley Power Wah Boost for dirt cheap, and i was wondering if i would be able to use the enclosure to build a new wah.  I'm not familar with Morley, and I thought that they were quite different from Vox or Dunlop.

Meanderthal

The morlel is optical, and so mounting a pot for a crybaby style wah will be a problem. They're not too complicated, and don't have hard to find parts though... should be easy to fix.
I am not responsible for your imagination.

jlullo

that's what i thought that i read, i just didn't know if they were optical "back in the day" :)

thanks for the info!

Meanderthal

Oh, you mean the chrome monster? That's optical too, and might just need a light bulb. Seriously.
I am not responsible for your imagination.

jlullo

i think i'll pass on it... my reasoning for getting it is my friend wants me to put in one of the clyde pots and ariel inductors into his crybaby.  i was going to offer to pick up this morley, gut it, and try my hand at putting together one of the mccoy boards on fuzzcentral so he could keep his as is in case he didn't like it.  thanks for letting me know that it is in fact optical though!  i'd get it for myself, but i'm not so much into wah.