anyone ordered blank pcb's from mouser before? > cant find part number

Started by ulysses, December 06, 2006, 01:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulysses

hey guys

does mouser sell blank fibreglass pcb? im looking to buy some in an order im placing and cant seem to find it.

preferably precut 60x80mm boards :)

cheers
ulysses

pyrop

Search for "Copper Clad Boards SINGLE SIDED" there and you will find...
Didn't see boards in the size you wanted though...

pyrop ;D

ulysses

thanks pyrop  ;D

i couldnt find anything specific under pcb ;) just a million other products that list the word pcb in the description :)

cheers
ulysses

pyrop

Yeah I hate when you are using the search function at a site and what you want isn't listed under the obvious!

pyrop ;D

smallbearelec

60 x 80 mm is 2.36" x 3.15"

Mouser p/n 590-503 is 1/16" (.062) thick, 1 oz. coppper, 3" x 5" for $2.75. They list the manufacturer as MG Chemicals, but I am fairly sure that's not the actual maker.

I offer a 3" x 4" piece of the same material, my SKU 0408, for $1.50. I buy it in  large lots, directly from a mill that cuts it to size for me, and my overheard is lower than Mouser's; you get a piece of the savings.

I am close to done with an article that will cover the board-making process, from cutting to size by score-and-snap through finished product.

Please do pay me a visit if you haven't already.

Steve Daniels
smallbearelec.com

sfr

Quote from: pyrop on December 06, 2006, 02:39:39 AM
Yeah I hate when you are using the search function at a site and what you want isn't listed under the obvious!

I always use the "product finder" and drill down through the categories, it's easier than wading through the bazillions of results you get sometimes.  Once you get to a reasonable amount of results, use those menus to shrink the results down to those that fit your criteria.

Or just order from Small Bear.  S'what I do.  ;)
sent from my orbital space station.

moosapotamus

Your terms are a little mixed up.

Quote from: ulysses on December 06, 2006, 01:38:39 AM
...blank fibreglass pcb?

That's an oxymoron... pcb stands for Printed Circuit Board. But, if it has a circuit "printed" into it, then it's not "blank". Like pyrop said, you want "copper clad"... which (as you now know) you will not be able to find if you search for "pcb". ;)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

ulysses