Salvaged parts pictures and strange component questions

Started by KerryF, December 18, 2006, 11:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KerryF

My dad took apart an old computer monitor and gave me the circuit boards.  So far I have only gone through the tube driver for the display of the monitor.  This circuit board is the small one of the monitor.  Heres some before and after pictures and some pictures of the components.

Before:

After:

Salvaged components in a cup:

Salvaged components:

Strange components (What are some of these?)

Strange components (What are they?)

I will take apart the main circuit board and show some pictures after that.  That circuit board is like 3 times as big!

Barcode80

Quote from: call1800ksmyazz on December 18, 2006, 11:53:22 AM
My dad took apart an old computer monitor and gave me the circuit boards.  So far I have only gone through the tube driver for the display of the monitor.  This circuit board is the small one of the monitor.  Heres some before and after pictures and some pictures of the components.

Strange components (What are some of these?)

Strange components (What are they?)

I will take apart the main circuit board and show some pictures after that.  That circuit board is like 3 times as big!
the things in the upper left are capacitors. lower right are silicon diodes, with a couple of germanium diodes above them. upper right are likely either trannies or voltage regulators, or some part specific only to monitors. hope this helps!

Seljer

the cylinder there looks to be like some kind of inductor

that metal thing is a crystal

and those diode like things are most likely diodes (go and measure them in both directions to see if they really are)

no idea about the other stuff (again, measure the capacitor like things to see if they are even capacitor => they don't show any continuity)

rockgardenlove

I recognise the crystal for sure, and the other thing does look like an inductor (the round one).

Mark F

KerryF

Thanks for helping guys!  Will that inductor work at all in a wah  :P.  At least I am trying to save money.  Ehh probably will sound like el crappo.  :D

rockgardenlove

No clue.  You can always just try it, and if it doesn't, order a new one.