a bigger project for me

Started by kristoipher612, December 27, 2006, 11:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kristoipher612

hello there everyone, i haven't posted in a while, but have been searching quite a while to see if the answers  could be found somewhere.  so here goes...i plan on building myself a preamp using some of the ROG amp sim FX.  first the signal would head into a Parallelyzer.
One channel would be the English Channel.  the next, would be Thor, which used to be the Thunderchief.  And a third would be a fender inspired channel(i.e.: prof tweed, twender, fetzer.  I haven't decided and will probably build them all so i can choose.  the fender based channel would also have a modded BMP after it with its own bypass. 
Then these three signals would be sent to a mixer section, and finally to another Parallelyzer with 2 channel outs to hit a stereo poweramp.
I want these to all be powered by something like the Spyder.  I have a big enough box to house all of this, and it has a 3 pronged AC power cord.  SO, here's my questions:
Can i house the Spyder and FX in the same box?
Can i hardwire the + and - from the Spyder to the boards?
How do i handle the grounding situation with the FX in the first Parallelyzer section, I don't want to use jacks since i know exatly what i want in each channel?
If i want to wire 2 boards to a single 9V supply, what do i do with unused Spyder supplies? 

Also i would like help understanding how to do a tube to jfet schematic of the Silvertone 1481 amp.  I really dont want to have it done for me, but i need help with the changing of Rs and Cs to accomodate the change in voltage.

I know this is a lot to take in, but if need be i can simplify it  or try to re-explain.  i appreciate any help i can get.  thanks in advance

Serge

I'm about to do exactly the same:  a Thor, English Channel and a Fender-like channel (I'll try to make a Fender Twin emulator) in one box.  Keep me posted how yours turns out.  I'm still figuring out how I'll do the switching - I would like to have a switch for each channel that can simultaneously swith off one channel and switch on another.

MikeH

It must be catching; I've been working on a EC, Matchbox and TC all in one too  ;D
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

toneman

Here's another easy/cheap mixer---

http://www.ampwares.com/paia/paia_index.html

Scroll down to the 4711 PAiA  4 x 2 mixer with panners.   :icon_idea:

Yes, it's from those PAiA guys...   :icon_biggrin:
B sure to check out all the other PAiA manuals also.  :icon_wink:

8)
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

kristoipher612

i plan to keep the switching in an on/off per channel, so i can mix and match to my liking.  if you can settle with a slightly more complicated arrangement i suggest the juggler or something similar. 
even two DPDT switches could work for you. 

to FXa--0   0--from FXa
         in---0   0
to DPDT2--0   0--from DPDT2

to FXb--0   0--from FX b
DPDT2 in--0   0--DPDT2 out
    to FXc--0   0--from FX c

but this doesn't include any status indicators.  and i haven't actually tried this but it SHOULD work

again, any help wit the PS or griounding questions would be phenomenal.

kristoipher612