News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

LPB2 Layout

Started by coxter, January 11, 2007, 02:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxter

My first contribution to the online community. Not sure if this is the right place to post, please redirect me if I'm wrong.

My layout of the LPB 2 based on this schematic.
http://aronnelson.com/gallery/album28/lpb2_Schematic

Reason being was to make small, smaller. And also better placement for easier offboard wiring.
I double checked, but I doubt I would be able to spot my own mistakes, anyone free enough to do a quick one?

GibsonGM

Sorry about the day delay, people must be busy  ;)

Provided the red boxes are cuts across the vero tracks, it looks good to me!  If they don't, you're in trouble and gonna have a smoky tranny, LOL.  I don't do vero... 

I perfed an LPB2 just last week...went point to point on perfboard and it works AWESOME!  In the end, it was about the size of 2 postage stamps, so size was no issue.   Fire it up, see what you get  8) 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

Railway Surfer

Hey Guys
I'm a complete beginner. As a holiday project I decided to build this from scratch instead of buying a kit. I'm starting to regret that already!!!! Could somebody possibly tell me how to wire the input and output to the jacks? I've looked up some other schematics of the same pedal but now I'm getting confused. Any help would be great. I've wired it all up but it hums really badly. Cheers

ralley

The tips of the input and output jacks are wired to the input and output wires shown coming from the switch.  The sleeve connection of both jacks is then wired to ground.  Bad hum is often a sign of a poor ground connection.
Rob.
Sender lawyers, guns and money
The sh*t has hit the fan.
   - Warren Zevon

Renegadrian

I do Vero, and I think that this layout is correct! It's a good layout, and yeah it's small, but as you can see with a quick search in the gallery, there are smaller layouts too!!!

Yeah Gibson, those red boxes are track cuts!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Railway Surfer

Sweet, Thanks guys. The Input has 2 sleeve connections, from other diagrams I've seen 1 goes to neg and the other to the switch - correct?. I don't have a switch yet so have just connected the wires together as if the switch were engaged, is this part of the problem? Cheers

Brymus

I did several boosts a couple of weeks ago,trying to slam my tubes amps input with something less distorted and hissy than an Omega.
And every one I tried had a noticable amount of hiss...
Is it just me or are all the LPB type boosts hissy?
I used metal film caps and decent Nichicon caps but couldnt get a non-hissy boost.
Maybe its my guitars all need better PUs?
In the end Gus' NPN boost was the one I liked best,but I still went back to my Omega

When you built your LPB2 with this layout was there any hiss?
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Railway Surfer

No Hiss but a really loud hum. Sorted that now by grounding it to the enclosure ....... but this thing is really quiet. So back to the drawing board. I've obviously done something wrong. A mate has a multimeter so I'll check all the voltages and report back.