Source for long-leg PCB mount Alpha 16mm pots?

Started by skiraly017, January 19, 2007, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

Since the search function is down I couldn't use it to find this out. I'm looking for Alpha 16mm PCB mount pots with the long legs. I checked Mouser but could not find any. Does anyone have a source? Thanks.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

Pushtone

I could not find such a beast either.

I ended up soldering cut-offs from resistors onto the standard pot lugs.
At least you can control the length this way.

I wanted to PCB to sit in the lid (bottom) of a 1590B so the leads where long(ish).

Good luck
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

skiraly017

I found out the correct term is "right angle PCB mount'. I know Alpha makes them, they're in my VL Sparkle Drive. Unfortunately the Alpha catalog is not the most user friendly.  :icon_frown:
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

rockgardenlove

skiraly017

Quote from: rockgardenlove on January 20, 2007, 12:47:55 AM
Like the ones in EHX pedals?

I don't have an EHX pedal for reference, but if I had to guess I'd say yes.

The Tone God

PCB mounted pots, particularly with odd leg styling, are not that popular amongst hobbyists so I think you will have a hard time finding a small volume supplier. Those types of parts usually have to be ordered in large amounts.

Andrew

smallbearelec

Scott--

I have gotten some of these made for other boutiquers. Minimum order for a value/taper is 1,000 pieces, delivery about 8 weeks, price $ .65 - $ .75 each F. O. B. Brooklyn depending on the exact configuration. Alpha will make samples for me before committing to production. If you want to go this route, drop a message at smallbearelec@ix.netcom.com.

skiraly017

Quote from: smallbearelec on January 24, 2007, 07:17:22 AM
Minimum order for a value/taper is 1,000 pieces, delivery about 8 weeks, price $ .65 - $ .75 each F. O. B. Brooklyn depending on the exact configuration.

:icon_eek:

Seriously, that's good to know. I'm not quite ready for 1000 pieces but at least I know I can get them.