where in nyc (or long island) is there an electronics store?

Started by jlullo, January 20, 2007, 04:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlullo

I'm going to be there for a week and want to get an assortment of resistors, caps and trannys.  is there any place where i can get all of that stuff?

idlechatterbox

There's a surprising lack of good elec. suppy stores in Manhattan. Futurelec.com is there, but they dont have a real store, just online. There are lots of Radio Shacks, but they are for the most part cell phone and iPod stores. To get the parts, you have to go in the way back. I bet the good stores are all away from the high-rent districts.

Make sure you check out Sam Ash's & Manny's in Times Square  :icon_cool:

Ben N

Not much. I have been looking for a long time.  There are a few wholesale places that you can try.  There is a place in West Hempstead, but they don't have much of the stuff we use.  Let us know if you find anything.

It's a shame , because there used to be alot, years ago.
Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

http://www.citidexli.com/319.htm
let your fingers do the walking...
at least, someone at one of these places might know....

sfr

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Contact/Contact.html
Small Bear Electronics LLC
123 Seventh Avenue Suite 156
Brooklyn, NY 11215

Please Note: We are still an on-line-only business; the address is a mail drop, not a store. However, local customers and tourists can leave payments and pick up orders there. Just drop an e-message and let us know what you need. We will make arrangements with you.

Perhaps the Small Bear folks can help you out.

If I was going to be in the city, I'd drop them a line just to see if I could swing by and give them a cake and a six pack as a small token of appreciation for all the great service since I started building pedals a few years ago.  (The same offer of home-made baked-goods and brews stands for all the terrific folks here who've offered help over the years!)
sent from my orbital space station.

jlullo

yeah i was thinking about smallbear, i figured it was something along the lines of steve's apt though :)  i'll drop him a line!