Got my first iron burn today.

Started by Hiwatt25, February 18, 2007, 09:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tone God

Quote from: mattpocket on February 19, 2007, 04:02:38 AM
I tried to stop a twelve inch kitchen knife falling to the floor when I was washing up... I tried to stop it with my foot, I had slippers on... great idea... the point didnt bend, probably stabbing through my slippers and socks and into my foot helped stop that.

One of the first things people try to teach newbies in the kitchen is don't try to catch anything. Just stand back and let what ever happens happen being it hot stock or a knife. Most of my knives are pretty large to begin with so the instinct with that much knife moving would be get out of the way anyways.

Quote from: mattpocket on February 19, 2007, 04:02:38 AM
You cant wear gloves, the type of work we are doing is too fiddly for gloves... i'd probably burn myself more from dropping things and trying to catch them! haha

There are tighter fitting gloves available. Usually they are for automotive work where you need to be able to handle tools and parts. I use those types. I have posted other reasons to use gloves for soldering in the past.

Andrew

MartyMart

All I'm prepared to say is NEVER solder in your shorts, even when it's real hot outside !!!

:icon_mrgreen:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

mattpocket

I'm actually pretty handly in the kitchen, certainly not a noob. I think it was a momentary lapse of reason... I work in an ammunition factory and have worked in plenty of engineering environments, safety gets drummed into you. Probably too used to wearing steel toe-caps! haha
Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

DryRoasted

LoL, welcome to the "Ancient and honourable brotherhood of Arghhshitshit"
Sticking a tube into a tube screamer to get good sound is about like rubbing yourself all over the weight stacks at the gym to get stronger - R.G.