News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Weird pedals

Started by mattpocket, March 23, 2007, 04:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arma61

Hi, about the feedback looper cannot figure how to plug in the guitar, could somebody explain me the whole connections

Thx vm
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Hambo

^^You need a cable. ahahaha   :icon_mrgreen:

Yeh, my suggestion is with Tcobretti there.. the Random number generator, its about my favouritist pedal ever, I just love the pandemonium, you can turn it from barely recognisable smoosh on chords to almost tunefulness with carefully mute-separated single notes (if that makes any sense). Put a distortion box in front of it and squeeze out a 3-4th fret harmonic it just goes BERSERK! excellent.

And also the uglyface. Much fun.

TBH I dont find the feedback loop much use except for with a delay, you can get some good noises with.

ambulancevoice

yeah
random number genorator @#$%s up anything put through it
diffinetly try it
there is a vero board layout in the gallery somewere
just search for it
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

calculating_infinity

Most circuits listed are previously stated in other posts asking for "weird" "noisey" "crazy pedals".  I've built the PU v1 and it sounds good.  Try reading EXPANons site as weird noisey cool stuff seems to be his forte.  You may learn something along the way as well.

syndromet

Try some of tim escobedos stuff. I have a psychtar and a thing mod boxed up together. Sounds really wacky. Check the sonic destroyer over at syndromet.com for more info.
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

doug deeper

that random number generator schematic has a bunch of errors.

doug deeper

oldrocker

A Nyquist Aliaser either transistor or CMOS versions.  I added the oscillator to mine and I get some weird effects from it.  I built the one from JC maillets website.
http://moosapotamus.net/IDEAS/nyquist/NyquistENV2.gif
http://www.logmonster.com/images/full/?pic=Nyquist2_1170089100-422-14678.jpg
http://www.logmonster.com/images/full/?pic=aliaser5_1169957698-422-14674.jpg

Hambo

Mr Deeper.

Thats the one I used, and I would like to say a big thanks!
I Love that noise
;D

sfx1999

Skyripper fuzz
MXR Blue Box

tcobretti

Thanks for the schem Doug!  I plan to pull the bad and replace it with the good one, but please pm me if you want it down altogether.

calculating_infinity

Yeah thanks for sure Doug!  If only I had the transistors to breadboard/perf it!  All this talk about it really sparked my interest in it.  Dont forget about RG's CMOS psuedorandom generator http://geofex.com/FX_images/pseudorandom2.pdf .  I haven't built it but coming from RG it should be good.

tcobretti

8bit, I'm pretty sure the RNG will work with any low hfe transistors.  I remember plugging many into mine and it not making that much of a difference.

doug deeper

yeah most will work fine, this combo was a blind taste test of sorts, and i just stuck with it.
feel free to post the new schematic in the gallery, i dont sell to many of these now adays (it was my first design, that i never really intended on selling) so i might as well share!
also,has anyone noticed the little delayed squeek that happens when you stop playing?
i think its pretty funny, and no one has ever mentioned it to me!

krachbox

yeah, I also built the generator, it's a lot of fun to mess around with (socket the transistors and maybe other components and experiment). it also works nicely in a feedback loop creating some octave down also and was quite touch sensitive depending on the other effects.

@doug: what does the 100k pot in the early version of the RNG do?

calculating_infinity

Quote from: tcobretti on March 24, 2007, 01:57:39 AM
8bit, I'm pretty sure the RNG will work with any low hfe transistors.  I remember plugging many into mine and it not making that much of a difference.
Quote from: doug deeper on March 24, 2007, 02:27:05 AM
yeah most will work fine, this combo was a blind taste test of sorts, and i just stuck with it.
feel free to post the new schematic in the gallery, i dont sell to many of these now adays (it was my first design, that i never really intended on selling) so i might as well share!
also,has anyone noticed the little delayed squeek that happens when you stop playing?
i think its pretty funny, and no one has ever mentioned it to me!

Thanks a lot guys, I'm going to have to try building one this weekend.  Thanks for sharing Doug! 

ambulancevoice

Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

sfx1999

Have you considered the Blue Box? It's a fuzz and two octave down box that has a knob to mix with your signal. There is a sound clip on Dunlop's site -> http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=245&pmh=products/picks.

doug deeper

Quote from: krachbox on March 24, 2007, 03:37:22 AM
yeah, I also built the generator, it's a lot of fun to mess around with (socket the transistors and maybe other components and experiment). it also works nicely in a feedback loop creating some octave down also and was quite touch sensitive depending on the other effects.

@doug: what does the 100k pot in the early version of the RNG do?

the pot just changes the quality of the fuzz, from standard rng to really lo-fi.

oldschoolanalog

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.