New Project Help

Started by duclon, April 05, 2007, 07:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duclon

Hi, I'm new to building effect boxes and new to this board as you can see by my lack of posts. I've just built a couple kits to get used to the assembly part of making a stomp box and i want to design and build my first simple (I hope) project from scratch. So here is what I am trying to build and I'm wondering if there are any schematics you guys have seen that I can piece together to make it and or tips in making it. I'm hoping its a simple project. All I want to build is a stereo preamp for my chapman stick that has volume and 3 band tone controls for each side. In the tone sections i want the mid to be a variable frequency with a pot controlling it.
So I am wondering if there are any schematics you can recommend that I can use to piece together to make this. So it's just a stereo jack in, preamp and mater volume for each side and tone to a stereo out. I'm really new to this and i don't even know if I should put the volume before or after the tone circuit. I know you might say DUH, it's easy but I have to start somewhere. Also one feature I'd like to add to it is an out for a headphone. this is a box I'd like to build to clip to my belt.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Mike

duclon

Never mind, I purchased both of Brian's books and am well on my way to designing my project. Great books I might add!
If I could delete this thread i would but can't. Must be another Newwwwww Beeeeeeee Handicap, besides bing ignored by the masses.
Mike

Jay Doyle

Check out the 'A Challenge...' thread below, it may help you...

duclon