Previous topic - Next topic

mattpocket

Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

zjokka

mattpocket

i dont get it, why not just stick the peice of paper to the enclosure and then clear coat it?

Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

mojotron

zjokka

Quote from: mattpocket on April 14, 2007, 10:07:25 AM
i dont get it, why not just stick the peice of paper to the enclosure and then clear coat it?

"Once the picture is completely dry, soak in water until the paper backing slides away."

Pushtone

Quote from: mattpocket on April 14, 2007, 10:07:25 AM
i don't get it, why not just stick the peice of paper to the enclosure and then clear coat it?

Great link, thanks for reanimating it.
To bad they don't sell the embossing powder separately. Anyway $15 isn't bad for that kit.
I'm going to look for it at my local Micheal's Craft store.

Why not just the sticker approach?

Sometimes I want to cover the entire surface with a decal; Clear-coated Color Laser Print (from Staples $0.78)

Sometimes I want the paint-job to show through; Clear-coated Waterslide Decal/B+W Laser Printer

To get the best of both I've gone transparent. Clear-coated Window Decal Paper/Ink Jet Printer
This was the hardest to apply and clear coat without bubble forming.

I've done a tone of "computer printouts" "stuck" to the box.
There are just as many steps as WS decals.
At each step there can be a reduction in overall quality of the art;
Ink bleed, dust, winkles, bubbles, shrinkage, improper registration as in "it looked straight last night".

It's one way to do white lettering. The embossing powder is another.
Screen printing is another, but like yuk, it's messy. Not for me.

That About site had a cool Google AdLink for heat transfer decals. Strictly for the Pros however...$$$
http://www.itwpromark.com/
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

sshrugg

Built: Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi (Stock), Distortion + (Germanium and Silicon versions)

Processaurus

Pushtone, you are on top of your game!

Does anyone remember when someone here posted a link to a product that was a printable sheet of sticker paper with a matching clear protective sheet that would stick to the paper, apparently without any bubbles?  It was intended for rack stuff, I believe.

I tried printing inside out on a heavy transparency, and putting the print side to the box, so there was a layer of plastic over the printing, it was nice except I could see my trusty spray adhesive through the clear.  Gross.  I then tried spraypainting the print side, and then glueing it down, it worked great, beyond taking a few steps.

MicFarlow77

Hey All,

I have not had a chance to get to this part of the production process yet, as I am quite behind getting enclosures done, but I found the following and was wondering if anyone has tried this...

http://www.pulsarprofx.com/DecalPRO/Vertical/1_MENU/1b_Overview/Overview.html

In looking at the video's on the site, it seems like a pretty straight forward process..... (They also have a PCB deal.....)

The only question I have is whether these decals will take kindly to a coating of clear coat.. I will be calling them to find out... (Just talked to them.... no issues with clear coating lacquer or enamel and it might even stand up to a powder coated and baked clear coat, though it hasn't been tested....)

Also with a guarantee that reads...."If you don't love it - we want it back" it would be hard to go wrong.....

Additionally, here is a link to their PCB site:

http://www.pulsarprofx.com/PCB/a_Pages/1_Menu/overview.html

Thanks,

Mick