Questions about bringing a Guvnor to another pedal's specs (crunchy stuff)

Started by pott, May 01, 2007, 06:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pott

Well I tried it last night. Turns out the Guvnor PCB can't take 2 solder wick hits before the solder pads just...take off. That's VERY annoying. And I obviously messed it up. That was the worse PCB I ever encountered :s

Also, shouldn't C1 be .022 like on the CB, or is .22 chosen carefully due to other components?

dosmun

Why not just build a CB?  It is a very easy quick build.  I personally like the Guv better.  It is closer to the Marshall sound and a lot more versatile.  I have built both and they are both very cool.  It is nice to have both. 

slacker

Quote from: pott on May 07, 2007, 05:44:16 AM
Also, shouldn't C1 be .022 like on the CB, or is .22 chosen carefully due to other components?

If you mean C1 on the ggg guv'nor schematic then it should be 0.22, that's C5 on the CB schematic which is 0.22. If you mean C1 on the CB schematic (the input cap) then it probably won't make any difference.

pott

Thanks guys. I wish I could build the CB... But I can't order anything on the net, so it'd be a different opamp, the wrong kind of caps, IF I even can find the right values, and I have no way of getting 3PDT switches either.I wanted to build some simple OD circuits from a member's website with loads of schems and I couldn't even find any of the right pot values, much less trimmers :(

audioguy

Quote from: wampcat1 on May 01, 2007, 10:20:23 AM

remove clipping leds, insert 1n4148 in one spot, and combo of 1n4148 + 1n4148 in the other spot.

bw

Whats the orientation of the 4148s replacing the LEDs?