pt2399 chips in the uk

Started by dmk, May 01, 2007, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmk

after hearing some fantastic audio clips of the rebote 2.5 made by some folks on here, i've decided to have a go at building one too!
problem is, i dont know anywhere in the uk that sells pt2399's.
i usually get my bits from bowood electronics, but they dont seem to stock them. so where did you uk people get yours from?

cheers

mark
resistance is futile...
...if <1Ω

slacker

I'm in the UK but I got mine from Smallbear. I've got a couple spare, if you want one PM me and we can sort something out.

dmk

resistance is futile...
...if <1Ω

rubix cube

I think they sell them online at futurlec pretty cheap.

zjokka

and at banzaieffects.com,  a little more pricier then Futurlec,
but closer to home (Germany).

puretube

Quote from: slacker on May 01, 2007, 03:44:27 PM
I'm in the UK but I got mine from Smallbear. I've got a couple spare, if you want one PM me and we can sort something out.

rubix cube

Forgive me if my cynical mind has leapt to the erroneous conclusion that the above use of quotation is meant to imply that we needn't bother posting in this thread because the question has been answered already, but........

if I was looking for said chip myself I'd be glad of the extra information.

puretube

dmk

quick update.
i got the chip the very next day along with my other bits. cheers slacker, couldnt have done it without you  ;)

got it built and boxed in 2 evenings. sounds really really great. i initially had ideas of adding an lfo to the delay time and adding a loop, but it sounds so good on its own i dont think i'll bother! never really had a delay that fits so well sonically. sometimes i have to stop playing for a second to check its on, it blends that well.
the repeat and delay time pots are wired backwards at the moment, but that was me getting tired and not looking at what i was doing properly.
i noticed the degradation on the longer delay times, but i have other delays that can do longer times but have always sounded to obtrusive at shorter delay times. the rebote fills the gap nicely.

excellent design. highly recommended.

;D
resistance is futile...
...if <1Ω

slacker

cool, glad the chip arrived safely.
Adding an LFO is definitely worth thinking about, I've done it and you can get some nice chorus and vibrato effects and some wilder pitch bending if you want. It can also add a nice flutter to longer delay times.

dmk

Quote from: slacker on May 05, 2007, 04:13:20 PM
cool, glad the chip arrived safely.
Adding an LFO is definitely worth thinking about, I've done it and you can get some nice chorus and vibrato effects and some wilder pitch bending if you want. It can also add a nice flutter to longer delay times.
a bit of flutter is what i was interested it. i used to have a watkins tape echo that ended up beyond repair and its that slight variation in the delay that i looking to recreate.
as far as the lfo goes i was thinking of using something like the lfo on the tremlulus lune, with the spacing and smooth controls to add a bit more unevenness to the lfo.
i'll need a bigger box though, its currently in one of the small hammond style ones. just.
something for the future though.
resistance is futile...
...if <1Ω