solution to power problem?

Started by hendriko, May 24, 2007, 12:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hendriko

so, i guess you all have that problem (at least with stock/bought pedals) that you have to unplug the input jack so that no power is drained from the battery...

i thought of something that might somehow fix that
so...true bypass doesn't require power from the battery right?
what if you'd just wire a switch that it would, when the pedal (like a wah for example) is bypassed, disconnect the battery from the circuit?

would that be possible? if so, how?
cheers
Gimme gimme shock treatment.

brett

It would need to be on a long delay (an hour?), coz you don't want to turn on a dead pedal and wait for it to power up.
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

hendriko

wouldn't you be able to when you turn the pedal back on, reconnect the batter (via the switch of course)

what do you mean by power up? (sry...i'm not that much into all those terms yet:P)

blanik

this has been tried before but it takes a couple of milliseconds for the power to "fill" the circuit and it would most often than not produce a loud POP when you'd activate the effect (specially annoying on a cranked amp) plus you might activate the switch when carrying the pedal in a gigbag wich would result in a dead battery when you least expect it...

hendriko

^ah...i didn't think about that :(

well, it was worth a try;)

cheers