News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Jawari problem

Started by Mikkel, June 08, 2007, 11:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikkel

Hi.
For my next trick I decided to build the Jawari, and so I did. It worked straight away, and that should have gotten me alert. -Never tried anything like that before! But no, I went on and hot glued the board in a box (the box was a little to small to mount it any other way I could think of). Big mistake!
Now, of course, it doesn't work. I can't get any sound through, bypassed or not, which leads the thoughts towards a power what-have-we. There's no shorts between the box itself and the pcb, but something's wrong somewhere! When I measure across the power-jack I get the same readings I would have gotten measuring the Timbre-pot. From 0 ohms to about 12 as I turn the pot. Since I don't really understand the transformer I can't tell if that is all honky dory.
Will someone who knows about this circuit please help me out? I think I can partially clean the board to do some troubleshooting (although it might smell a bit funny), but it would be of great help to have an idea as where to look!
Thanks again, and please bear with me.

Mikkel

Okay. Found the problem. Luckily it was nothing on the board. Due to the rather tight space in the box, the input-pin shorted to the chassis. And that was it!
Apparently even electronic problems can be solved with a little gaffer's tape!  :D

Paul Marossy

Quotethe input-pin shorted to the chassis

I was going to suggest that something was shorted out on the enclosure, but you seemed confident that there was nothing shorting out.   :icon_wink:

Anyhow, glad you got it fixed!  :o

zjokka

I always cover the bottom of the enclosure with tape to prevent shorts.
Would be a good idea next time you glue it on -- in case of trouble you can rip the tape with the board on it out