help in recognizing components

Started by fredo, June 08, 2007, 12:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredo

Hy to the crew.. this is my very first message and.. SHAME ON ME.. it is a request for help..  :icon_redface:

this is supposed to be a detail of a phaser circuit.. could somebody help me in recognizing the components shown?
thanks a lot everybody  :D

markm

Welcome.  :)
The Yellow ones are Capacitors.
The Grey one are Capacitors and the black things are transistors.

Seljer

the black things are transistors of some sort, possibly JFETs if its a phaser but you really need the part number to find out what exactly it is since there are thousands of different models out there
the yellow things are capacitors, again, I can't read the numbers (I think it says 10n? 10nF)
the grey things are also capacitors and 473 at the start would denote 47000pF, which is 47nF

theehman

The black items are transistors.  The yellow items are capacitors with values of .01uf at 100v.  The gray items are also capacitors but have values of .047uf at 63v
Ron Neely II
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs

fredo

WOW!!!
guys!!! you all rock!!!  :icon_cool:

thanks, thanks a lot for such a fast reply..  :D

markm

Quote from: markm on June 08, 2007, 12:34:57 PM
Welcome.  :)
The Yellow ones are Capacitors.
The Grey one are Capacitors and the black things are transistors.

Quote from: theehman on June 08, 2007, 12:37:57 PM
The black items are transistors.  The yellow items are capacitors with values of .01uf at 100v.  The gray items are also capacitors but have values of .047uf at 63v
Quote from: Seljer on June 08, 2007, 12:37:29 PM
the black things are transistors of some sort, possibly JFETs if its a phaser but you really need the part number to find out what exactly it is since there are thousands of different models out there
the yellow things are capacitors, again, I can't read the numbers (I think it says 10n? 10nF)
the grey things are also capacitors and 473 at the start would denote 47000pF, which is 47nF

Deja Vu?  :icon_razz:

GibsonGM

I guess they didn't want us to know what kind of BJT's/FETs they put in there, huh?  Is that duct tape?
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

markm

Quote from: GibsonGM on June 08, 2007, 03:32:09 PM
I guess they didn't want us to know what kind of BJT's/FETs they put in there, huh?  Is that duct tape?

Ha!
At first I thought it was reflection from the flash off of the board but, now that you mention it, maybe!

fredo

Quote from: GibsonGM on June 08, 2007, 03:32:09 PM

yes.. they are covered in some way..  :icon_evil:
I am not sure if it is duct tape or a particular kind of paint.. what is certain is that appearently there is no way to remove it and clear out what kind of transistor are..  :icon_cry:

jakenold

Try some acetone. Maybe it will take the lettering off the transistors as well, but then you've tried. Either acetone or alcohol.