Hot Tubes Build Troubleshoot - New GM Layout

Started by mydementia, June 12, 2007, 02:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaussmarkov

Quote from: Bernardduur on September 10, 2007, 12:14:50 PM
Someone has the schematic of the Tweed E dog? I read on this forum it was available a long time ago

i just checked the files on this computer and i have something that claims to be the Black Dog and the Tweed E Dog rolled into one schem.  i searched for the file name on this forum and found it here: 

Quote from: Dan N on July 30, 2007, 02:47:59 PM
It's a Hot Tubes/Tube Sound Fuzz derivitive. We traced the other two pedals in that series (Black Dog, Tweed E Dog). I would be interested in what changes make up the Blue Doo. Here's the other two:

http://users.rio.com/senorris/junk/BdogTdog.gif

If you could add the cap changes or whatever on your pedal, we would have them covered.

Edit- Oh yea, here's a shot of theTweed E PCB.

http://users.rio.com/senorris/junk/tdogT2.jpg

Bernardduur

Thanks man! Shame I couldn't find it :)

The snarl / bite stuff was my main point of interest........ hmmm......
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

SonicVI

Here's an MP3 of an original Hot Tubes. I recorded it with a Telecaster with an Harmonic Design Super 90 which is a tele bridge pickup designed to sound like a P90 > Hot Tubes > mixer preamp> Logic Pro with clean Voxy amp simulation. I play with the drive and tone knobs  and the tone bypass switch throughout.  It's kinda long about 3.5 minutes and 4.5 Megs.
http://homepage.mac.com/sonicvi/hottubes.mp3

km-r

i will download that...
im still having problems with my ROG DoubleD[first cmos dist build]...
i will try the EH hot tubes afterwards since i really thought i busted four 4049ube's with m doubleD, so there plenty left to fry for the hot tubes...

Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar.  If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

joeyh1485

Sorry to start up an old thread again but i was wondering if anybody could give me a bit of help with this project

i have built this using all the correct values apart from the following, i used the information on gaussmarkov's site (wich is awesome by the way)

c4= 168pf (supposed to be 180pf)
overdrive is 1meg (supposed to be 2meg)
R5 and R7 22k (supposed to be 20k)
c17 44pf (supposed to be 39pf)
i also used a tl07 and i have tried a jrc4558

i dont think any of these changes should stop the pedal working, right now i get a high pitch hissing noise and i can hear some sound with my amp turned right the way up?

pin voltages are as follows

cd4049ube

1. 9.2
2. 0
3. 9.2
4. 3.7
5. 3.4
6. 3.7
7. 3.4
8. 0
9. 9.2
10. 0
11. 3.71
12. 4.08
13. 0
14. 3.72
15. 4.05
16. 0

tl07

1. 4.51
2. 4.46
3. 3.76
4. 0
5. 4.5
6. 4.59
7. 4.56
8. 9.21

againg i am very sorry to open up an old thread i thought about opening a new thread but most of the relevent information is on this thread

thanks in advance for any and all help with this project, as you can imadgine getting this working is playing on my mind so much so to the point were i am dreaming of this circuit  ::)

regards

joe

MikeH

I would start a new post if I were you- you'll get more help that way.  Also include a link to the project/layout you used.  Welcome to the forum!
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH