News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Ludwig Phase II

Started by boyersdad, June 26, 2007, 01:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.G.

If you'd like to, sure that would be great.

What would be most help is a semi-physical drawing. I have better versions of the schematic and parts placement pages that were listed. If you could take the parts placement drawing of the boards, and sketch out which wire goes to which jack/switch lug/other board that would be a huge help.

Drop me a pm with your email address.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

ulysses

hey rg

i sent you a PM.

looking forward to having a crack at it :)

cheers
ulysses

Sir H C

Quote from: QSQCaito on June 27, 2007, 01:25:17 PM
Wow, It could be a nice challenge to build one of those :). Hey, am I the only one who likes wiring? I love building too, but wiring is almost the end, that's why I like it. Hopefully I'm also very patient and check everything more than once(maybe that's why up to now all my builds ran at once).

Still I don't know exactly what it sounds like, gotta check some sound samples on the web.

EDIT: Haven't found any, any idea were I could get some sound samples of this?

Sonic Youth used it a lot on their album Washing Machine, the Diamond Seas has it.  It is a fuzz and filter and tremolo all in one.  Two filters that can sweep up or down, or opposite each other.

R.G.

By the way Chris, Ulysses is going to try to nail down the wiring so it can be reduced to practice. Do you have or can you make a similarly revealing shot of the console board so he can trace the board-to-board wiring?
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

R.G.

Hey, thanks. That may be enough to track the rest down.
R.G.

Rodgre

As for what it sounds like, those of you who don't have Sonic Youth's Washing Machine, the effect that is on "The Diamond Sea" is kind of like a phasor with a much more vowelly sound, so instead of "woooosheeeeooouuuwooosh...." it's more of a "yuheeyuheeyuh" effect. I have been able to get approximations with plug-ins, most recently BU Guitar Rig II, which has a "Talk Filter" effect that can be controlled by a virtual LFO module.

If there was a pedal that did just the formant filter phasor effect, that would be awesome.

I can't say what the fuzz or other settings of the animation sound like. I'm really just going off of hearing the Beck and Sonic Youth songs which use it.

Roger

ulysses

thanks for those extra pics sirhc :)

will let everyone know how i get on :)

cheers
ulysses

Ry

After some digging, I found the drawings of the offboard wiring that a generous person over at ampage made for me years ago.  I don't have access to a scanner this weekend, but I will get it digitized and to you guys early next week.  :icon_biggrin:

Ry

R.G.

R.G.

TELEFUNKON

2 Constant Q Filters;

left halve of each filter = variable capacitance,
right halve = variable inductance sim,
both variables synced per filter.

R.G.: check yer PMs  :icon_wink:

R.G.

R.G.

Bernardduur

Cool

This is the first time I see someone next to it; I though it was much much bigger :)
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Isaiah

Ooh, this looks interesting.
Is anyone drawing up a schematic of one of the filters, please?

Isaiah

puretube

Those interwebz are really working fast these days,
from the bottom
to the top...

:icon_eek:

R.G.

Quote from: puretube on June 12, 2009, 04:13:16 PM
Those interwebz are really working fast these days,
from the bottom
to the top...
Yep, have those. They're part of the stuff that went into the schematics that have been on GEO
since March of 2004. :icon_lol:
R.G.

TELEFUNKON

Quote from: ulysses on June 28, 2007, 08:38:44 PM
thanks for those extra pics sirhc :)

will let everyone know how i get on :)

cheers
ulysses

Any new findings?

TELEFUNKON

Quote from: TELEFUNKON on September 05, 2007, 01:18:20 PM
2 Constant Q Filters;

left halve of each filter = variable capacitance,
right halve = variable inductance sim,
both variables synced per filter.

R.G.: check yer PMs  :icon_wink:

Just like this fig.6 explains, so you guys in the other thread know what you`re doing!  :icon_wink: